Chapter 28~ Truth (p. 2)

Important note at the end.

TALIA.

Isn't it good to see people frightened? Looking around anxiously without a clue. Briar seemed without a clue, and I liked that.

I really just wanted to walk right up to Luke now, but I decided I would do so after school. Have an hour left. I tapped my pen against the table. Another tedious class with no skills that we'd ever use in real life. Maths. I'll admit I will add and subtract in my daily life, but I don't believe I will ever have to graph a parabola or make a box plot.

This was the only class I had with both Briar and Luke. Michael, Calum (Luke's friends), Stacey (Briar's former friend) , were there as well but they really are not that important.

Briar kept glancing over at Luke, biting her lip nervously. I bet she was freaking out. She was twirling a light blonde strand of hair around her index finger.

He was sitting there. He was oblivious to what was going to occur as he was peacefully sitting there undisturbed. I think I'm enjoying this a little bit too much.

I might as well describe Stacey, Michael, and Calum. Stacey and Michael were sitting next to each other while Calum sat next to some other guy in the class.

Me? I was being a good student today. Sitting in the front and pretending to listen to Mr. W's monotonous lesson on stuff I've heard a gazillion times.

I couldn't be more happy that the bell had rung. End of the day and the truth comes out. Luke was always the last out of class. Briar had foolishly decided to leave before me, leaving me with Luke.

"Hey Luke, " I said to him with a grin.

Luke was not glad to be in my presence as he wore a hateful scowl on his face. "What do you want Talia?" He spat, hastily zipping up his black backpack, decorated with his name written in silver Sharpie.

"Oh nothing," I ran my fingernail against the desk, producing a pitchy, screeching sound. Luke flinched. "Just wanted to hand you something. " I took out the paper and handed it to Luke. "Stella, " THAT'S WHAT HER NAME WAS. "And Briar came up with it. " I added smugly.

Luke's face flashed many emotions: annoyance, confusion, anger, and finally hurt. The latter remained on his face for a while with traces of anger.

"What?" Luke's true blue eyes bared into mine, obviously distraught. You can say I kinda melted.

I kinda wanted him to freak out. This was a big deal. Bigger than the time when I called him my boyfriend.

"Yup, " I sighed dramatically, changing from smug to sympathetic. "I'm sorry but she was just using you. "

He looked down at the piece of paper in his hands.

I'd have to admit, it was painful seeing Luke looking so sad. I mean he puts on this front that he's some careless bad boy, but in reality he fell for Briar and she wanted to break his heart. I pitied him.

"You're-" He muttered quietly, still scanning the document. "You're lying. " His face became emotionless, showing no signs of expression.

"What?" Yeah didn't expect that response. "What do you mean 'I'm lying'? I just told you your girlfriend is just trying to break your heart and you're calling me a liar? Luke, I never lie. " Yeah that was a lie, but people believe you more when you say that.

"Briar would never do that. "

"Well I guess you don't know Briar like I do. "

Which was mainly true, we were friends since we were two. Well I guess we aren't friends anymore.

"You can even ask her. "

"Maybe I will. " He looked up again at me, melting me again. He threw his bag over his back and quickly left the room. I followed, not wanted to miss what was about to go down.

The slightly disappointing thing was, he didn't embarrass her in front of the entire school like he did with me. Some people had left before he was able to confront Briar.

It happened completely out of the blue for her, she did not expect it.

"Hey Luke. " She smiled at him warmly.

Luke did not reciprocate the greeting and instead asked her a very important question.

"Do you love me?"

She furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean? Of course I do. " She replied warily.

He harshly laughed and looked down at her in disbelief. "You sure about that?" She nodded. "Sure you're not using me? "

A few people began to stare over at the lovely couple.

"Luke, what on earth are you talking about?" Briar wasn't nearly as good as I was at pretending you don't know what he's talking about.

"I'm talking about this Briar. " He showed her the plan.

A crowd began to form around them, people eager to see what Luke Hemmings was arguing with someone about.

"How did you get that?" She blurted out. She just gave herself away, I noted, wincing at her fatal outburst.

Luke stood there with a look of anguish upon his face. Realisation struck him like a bus. "So it's true? " He asked her rhetorically in a monotone voice. "You were just using me to break my heart? " He tried. Luke tried so hard to keep his emotions from leaking into his speech, but I'm pretty sure the woeful heartache found its way in.

Briar looked like she wanted to cry. Her eyes were flooding with tears that were ready to come pouring out. She tried to speak. "Luke I-"

"I don't need anymore of your lies. " He hissed angrily. "You wanted so bad to break my heart?" His dreamy blue eyes were focused intently on hers.

"Well you got your wish. "He ripped the paper in half and stormed off to his car. He got in quickly and slammed the door, taking off without Briar.

She stood dumbfounded. She was looked down, glaring at the paper atop of her left boot. Briar slowly gazed up at me. "Why?"

"Why what?" I giggled.

"Why did you do THAT?" She yelled, tears coming out freely.

"He needed to know the truth. And I needed to be the one to expose it. "

"I thought we were friends?" My betrayal was a surprise to Lil Briar, which I believed was very strange.

"You thought wrong. " I mimicked her tone. " You are so naïve, trusting me with seeing your precious document. " I laughed sinisterly glancing at the paper. "So desperate for companionship you turned to a former friend, who you didn't even known if I was trustworthy or not. " I shook my head at the foolish blonde. "He was mine first. "

"Oh yeah?" She said trying to sound confident but her voice was way too shaky. "He was mine last. "

"You sure about that? " I smirked at her. Before she could respond, my brother pulled up. "Bye now. " I waved to her before getting into the car.

-

Ok there have not been many comments on this story, but I really need you guys to give me some input. Ok so I really hate unrealistic happy endings. Well I do like them from time-to-time but I get annoyed when they have kids and make a sequel about them with kids. I like the ones that tie up loose ends.

That's when you guys come in. Should I add a few chapters and make it happy? or end it here and put an epilogue? Please comment. I need you.

Votes help me with updates and make me happy! Thank you so much for reading.

(If you want, you could check out my other stories and my new Luke fanfic that I will start after Heartbreak. )

Ok bye now.

~D