Chapter 27~ Revelation

She clutched the paper in her hand and examined it carefully reading each word slowly. The paper had previously rested on Briar's dresser. Out in the open for anyone to see. Talia looked over the paper. It was an outline.

"What this?" She asked Briar, holding up the piece of paper with clear bold words breaking up each section. Talia stared at while it was in the air. "The plan?"

Briar nodded. "Stella made an outline for the plan when she came up with it. " She felt moronic for holding onto the document. What if someone, Luke, were to come into room and spot the paper, lying guiltily ontop of her brushes, combs, and various makeup items? What would Briar say then? Its not what it looks like, oh wait it is.

"Stella came up with it?"

Talia gave the outline another once-over, paying more attention to the labels and what the read next to them. Phase One, Phase Two, Phase Three, & Phase Four were each written in bold with a short description next to it. At the bottom in bold was a rule regarding feelings. A flame eyebrow arched up quizzically.

Briar, intently watching the redhaired girl closely, asked in a concerned tone, "What is it?"

A chuckle involuntarily escaped from the redhead's mouth after she finished reading the bottom. "The condition at the bottom," Talia viciously tried to keep a smile from spreading onto her face in amusement over the statements.

"Stella thought of that as well?"

Briar found herself pacing around the length of her bedroom in pure anxiety. Not being able to muster a verbal response, the blonde simply replied with a nod of her head to confirm Talia's statement.

The girl on the bed did not understand one thing, how come Stella was more focused on the plan than Briar was? She reread the paper over and over, as if that would give her the answer to the question inside her head. It was very strange to her, Stella's involvement.

"That's very peculiar, " She concluded with an sudden outtake of breath. She was posed with her body up on her knees, looking down to see the document.

"What is?" Briar stopped her stroll once she reached the foot of the bed, her eyebrow's furrowed in confusion at Talia's bewildering outburst.

"Stella's engagement in your plan. It's very odd how invested she was in something she clearly had no business being in, " Talia answered starkly, explaining the situation bluntly.

Alas, Briar expected nonetheless from Talia. Meaning, Talia said whatever crossed her mind, no matter how blunt and insensitive it was. Her bluntness helped her case, Briar believing she had good intentions by being here.

Briar considered Talia's words for a moment before gathering the right words to say.

"That is rather puzzling, she was always more eager and ready for the plan more than I ever was. " She spoke truthfully, recalling times where Stella pressured her into doing stuff for the plan.

"Quite peculiar really, " Talia repeated the word, ready to share how she felt on the subject. In all honesty, she believed it was poorly planned and conducted.

Talia had doubt in Briar's ability to actually go through with the last part of the plan. She'd obviously developed feelings for this boy, despite her protests that she would not. Talia knew it was fail, she wouldn't have encouraged it if it could actually work.

Also, her desperation for someone to talk to was so severe she enlisted the advice of a girl she had just made up with showed it as well. Talia knew that was a bad idea on Briar's part, but very helpful to hers.

Talia had a theory about the situation, which was beginning to sound less ridiculous the more Briar talked. More realistic too. The perfect way to cover up what she really wanted to do, and hey if blaming Stella takes eyes off of her than so be it.

"Maybe Stella knew what was going to happen all along, " She threw out there, hoping for a reaction. The one she wanted. Briar started to shake her head, so Talia continued. "I mean, wasn't she the one who organised everything? Controlled everything? Planned everything? It would make a lot of sense. "

"I don't know, " Briar was hesitant, apprehensive.

"Think about it," Talia said. "What would Stella gain with the plan?"

Briar made a thinking face, contorting her expression and cringing her nose. She looked off to the side, eyes absentmindedly on a poster on her wall. "Nothing really, she had no motive to do this. "

"Why would she?"

"To be helpful, I guess. "

Talia didn't believe that was the reason. "That's bull, there has got to be some ulterior motive that you've overlooked. "

"Like what?"

"To isolate you. " In Talia's mind, the theory was quite far-fetched. However, it was possible, and she wanted Briar to believe her. "Tell me, what do you think would happen once you 'broke his heart'? "

"I don't know, we won't talk anymore. "

"Michael and Calum won't talk you either, " Talia theorised. "But Stella, would play the innocence card, "She waved her right hand in the air, like a twirling motion.

"And they will take her side, " Talia continued explaining her theory. " Why not? And she'll get to keep Michael too, because why would he stop talking to her if she did nothing wrong. " Talia pouted her lips and widened her eyes for the next part, saying in a baby voice. " And pwor Briar would be alone. "

"You really think that's going to happen?" Briar twirled a strand of blonde hair around her pointer finger, a new nervous notion she had somehow adapted. She earned a nod from the redhead.

"Stella's planning something, " Talia planted the seed, and must wait for it to grow. She hid a mischievous smile from spreading across her face. That would have given her out instantly. "Well I gotta go, " She let out a fake yawn, pretending to be concerned over time despite how close the two's houses were.

"Ok I'll see you. " Briar gave he farewells to Talia.

Talia got up from the bed and walked over to the side when Briar wasn't looked. She slipped her hand onto the bed and inched the piece of paper closer to her. Firmly grasping it in her hand, she slyly slipped the document into her folder, completely obscured from the naked eye.

"Bye, " She waved, twiddling her fingers. She let her stifled grin play across her lips, before making her way out of Briar's house, taking the plan outline with her.

-

At first I wanted to make Stella the bad guy, but then this happened.

Thanks for nearly 9k reads (:

Please vote/comment maybe? If you liked it :)

~D