Chapter 21~ Official

"Briar," Luke grabbed unto her arm and spun her around to face him. "We need to talk. " he prevented her from leaving the now empty classroom.

"Don't we do enough of that?" Briar joked before yanking her arm away. She did not like how tight the grip he had on her arm was.

"Haha very funny," He replied in a monotone voice that lacked any trace of humour in his voice. "But seriously. " Luke waited until classes were over to speak with Briar. "You've been avoiding me. "

"You're in all of my classes and sit with me at lunch. " Briar snorted. "How can I avoid you?" There was no way the two can go without seeing each other at least once a day. They were bound to cross paths.

"You don't talk directly to me," He lowered his voice which was full of genuine concern and worry. "You just talk to Michael and Calum.." He trailed off quietly.

"Well I'm sorry for that," there was still some awkwardness between Luke and Briar

"I thought we established this," Luke let out a sigh, expressing his frustration at the entire situation. Why couldn't she just understand what he was trying to say without putting him on the spot?

"Established what?" Briar asked, wanting to get out and avoid the confrontation. But she was stuck there, she couldn't just leave and miss out on what Luke oh so desperately had to say to her.

"That we still like each other. " He looked past her. "It shouldn't be this weird between the two of us. "The strength of his voice wavered as it quickly became shaky. He grew more nervous. "We should be able to just-be happy together. "

Briar was still confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"God damn it Briar!" He yelled pounding his hand on the wooden desk that was next to him. "What I'm trying to say is," He took a deep pause to gaze into her navy blue eyes. "will you be my girlfriend, again. "

Her brain said yes while her heart said no, Briar went with her brain, it was for the plan anyways. "Yes. " She responded with a grin.

A smile crept unto Luke's face and he didn't try to hide it. He pulled her close and leaned in to kiss her softly on the lips. Briar immediately kissed him back before pulling away slowly.

Memories of the last time they were together came flooding back to her and made her dizzy. This is a mistake! Her heart seemed to pound harder in her chest. Briar ignored all bad feelings and thoughts. This will work out. I will be the victor.

Stella had gone home without her. Briar smiled as this gave her a chance to get a ride from Luke. "Stella must've gotten tried of waiting, can I get a ride?"

"Oh if you must!"He smiled when he saw her reaction. "I'm just joking, learn to take a joke for Christ's sake. " He teased, a roar of laughter coming from his mouth. He obviously found himself more funny than she did.

"Just unlock the car Hemmings. "

BRIAR.

"What are people going to think?" He applied force to the steering wheel and making it turn at the light. This was the first time I'd ever seen Luke show the slightest bit of concern towards what others thought.

"Who cares. " I brushed it off before settling into my seat.

"I do. " Luke kept his eyes on the road.

"Since when have you cared what others thought?" I laughed.

"Briar, I'm being serious here.,"

"Why do you even care? They're just people, Luke. " I eyed him strangely. "You don't seem like you'd care what people thought. " The "vibe" or whatever that he gives off is very "I don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks"

"You're you. " He stated quite brusquely.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked back offended by how he said that. What does that mean?

"Nothing. I just think," He looked at me and stopped the car to speak freely. "it would be best to not tell people about us, right this second. "

I stared at him before sighing in disbelief. "Wow Luke, I haven't even been your girlfriend for 30 minutes and you've already thought of ways to keep me a secret. "

"I didn't say that, just not tell them. "

"That's keeping it a secret, Luke. " I raised my voice in frustration at him for even suggesting that.

"I have a-"

"Let me guess a reputation?" My face was growing red. It was as if he was embarrassed of me or something. And for what? What have I ever done to him? "You know what?" I glared at him angrily. I gripped onto the car handle after I unlocked it and forced the door wide open. "I'm done!" I jumped out of the car quickly. "This was a mistake."

"Bad things always happen when you get in my car," I heard him shout out at me, who had already starts walking away from his vehicle. He drove his car slowly next to me

"If I'm so bad, then why are you following me? " I groaned, walking as fast as I could down the sidewalk.

"Because you are walking nowhere," His car was still moving alongside me, not ahead of me but not in front of me. "You're not bad, just in my car bad things happen. " He added.

"That's why I'm walking. " My efforts to walk ahead of the car were in vain as he sped up beside me. "Go home Luke. "

He shook his head stubbornly. "We can work this out?"

"Since when have you ever tried to 'work things out'" Referring to how instead of ending things with Talia once we became an item, he kept the fling going. "You're such a coward. " I crossed my arms.

"Me a coward?" He stuck his head out and pointed to his chest. I nodded and he merely laughed at me. Luke moved the conversation away from my insult. "You know there's a good," he looked out onto the road," 8 miles before any turns or anything right? " My face's expression flashed worry, but it quickly returned to its stern one. "And there's then another 3 both ways until a gas station or any kind of food establishment. "

I ignored him.

"I don't know about you, but I don't want to get home at nightfall. " He had one arm sticking out the window. I still refused to answer. "If this is about the not telling people thing, I didn't mean it like that Briar. "

"How else could you possibly have meant it!" I yelled at him, furiously.

"God damn it Briar!" His hand pounded on the dashboard. "You don't even like to be seen with me in public," Luke's voice became increasingly more quiet as he spoke, "why would you like everyone to know we're together?" I stopped in my tracks. Luke braked his car.

He received a shocked look from me. "You think I'm embarrassed of you?" I asked. Luke shrugged.

"You are. " He responded nonchalantly, looking directly at the road. "So are you going to get in the car or not?"

I got back into the car. "I'm not embarrassed of you. I don't know where you get that from but I'm not at all. "

"I'm not like the blokes you usually date. " He chuckled before beginning to drive again. I gave him a once over. He was right. I usually did not go for the ones with piercings and covered in meaningless dark tattoos. I went for the ones who appear clean cut and have smart goals in life.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm embarrassed of you," I gazed at him. "I'm sorry if I ever gave that impression at all, but I, in no way, am ashamed of you, Luke Hemmings. Got that?"

"Got it. " He grinned.

-

Update! (: Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry if its all over the place I didn't edit it so I apologise for any grammatical errors.

Comments and votes really help me with updates. They motivate me! (thanks for 5.5k reads!)

~D