Chapter 8~ Part Two

Thanks for nearly 1,000 reads on Bulletproof :) Here's Part Two of Chapter 8.

Happy reading

-

Stella was at my house reading a children's magazine with Lacey. She squinted to focus her eye on the page. "What are you doing?" Lacey and Stella jumped, not hearing the door open.

Stella shouted, "HOLY SHI-" Stella looked down at Lacey. "Ship. You scared me. "Lacey was confused. "I meant to say Ships. Yup. "

I took off my hoodie and set it off to the side. "What are you guys doing?" Lacey handed me the magazine. There was a spot the difference page. She circled the differences she found already. There was 1 difference that Stella and Lacey have not found yet. I handed it back to them.

"This is so hard. " Stella whined stretching out the vowels in so and hard. I chuckled at her. She threw the magazine down. "I suck at these. I always have. " Stella sighed. "How was it over at Talia's?" She lifted up the magazine and attempted to find the missing difference.

I made a face and shrugged. "Wasn't horrible. She had to call her boyfriend and they spoke for a bit. "

"Was it Luke?" Lacey chimed in. Stella nodded. "Luke used to be your boyfriend. How come he's not your man anymore, Bry?" Lacey was only 7. She wouldn't understand relationships. Unless she has been having playground boyfriends that she hasn't informed me about.

"YES!" Stella exclaimed, fist pumping the air and jumping up from her seat. Lacey and I eyed her strangely. "Lace, I found it. The guy with the moustache in the upper left hand corner has an extra stripe on on his cape. See?" She pointed it out to Lacey.

"Oh yeah!" Lacey then showed me. Sure enough there was an extra stripe on his cape. "Stella, I need to go get my dolls and take them to the doll hair salon. Then I have to put them in the bed. " Lacey and Stella did an odd type of handshake before Lacey pranced up the stairs.

I cleared my throat. "Ok. What's next?" Finally, I could speak to Stella about the plan without my sister listening in. Sure, if she tried hard enough she can hear us through the vents, but her dolly hair salon will keep her fairly busy enough. Lacey loves her dolls.

"Talia and Luke might still have their suspicions of you. Luke could've convinced Talia that you weren't being sincere and that you were up to no good after you left. Stella fumbled with some Hello Kitty cards Lacey left on the desk and shuffled them as she spoke. "So now you have to convince Luke. "

I bit my lip. I might've been able to trick Talia, but I don't think I can deceive Luke. The one guy who sees right through me like I'm completely transparent. He always knew when I was lying. I gulped. This was going to be challenging The little voice in my head reminded me this was for the best and when it's all over, Luke will suffer.

He will suffer.

I fidgeted in my seat. He's staring at me again. Today for a entirely different reason. He is trying to read me. Why does he have to sit directly behind me? Why can't he sit further away? My peripheral vision spotted Luke out of the corner of my eye. The teacher was out of the room. I took it upon myself to turn around and address him. "What?"

"What do you want?" Luke Hemmings snapped as if I was the one bothering him. He was the one staring.

"You are the one staring at me. "

"No, I mean what do you want with Talia?" My body tensed slightly. I prayed silently that he did not noticed. His expression stayed the same, an indication that he must not have noticed. His face was very neutral as per usual, not giving a hint to what he's feeling. You can only tell when Luke's angry that he's angry.

I concluded that I would play the innocent card. "What are you talking about? I just wanted to have one of my best friends back is that so wrong?"

"Bullshit. " Luke spat.

"No it's true. We haven't been on the best of terms since I caught you guys.. you know. I feel pretty bad for her actually." I knew by saying that it would get stuck in his head. I was going to turn around and continue my work but I knew that wasn't the end of the conversation.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I mean c'mon Luke. " I laughed a reasonably loud laugh. "You still haven't moved on from the girl you cheated on me with? Bit long for a rebound. Can't believe you're still not over me. " I smirked cockily, teasing Luke. I knew it annoyed him.

"O-Over you?" Luke stumbled over his words so I knew I awoke something in him. Feeling the need to reclaim his calm and steadiness, he cleared his throat and collected his voice. "Are you serious?" I nodded my head yes. "You can't be serious? I cheated on you because I didn't want you. "

Ouch. That stung a little. "You keep telling yourself you don't want me Hemmings. " I mocked him in an aggravating sing-song voice that would most definitely annoy Luke. "Even though I know you do, I can tell from the stares. " I spun around in my chair and patted myself on the back in my head for talking back to Luke like that.

-

So this is part two! Hope you guys like it! I can't believe I wrote this all in one day I deserve a pat on the back for this. Chapter 9 will be up around 1k.

You guys know how to get me to update. (Read, Vote, Comment, and Add to lists)

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday :-)

~D