Chapter 5~ Visit

Did you read last chapter? Well that one's pretty important. I made a life altering revelation in that one. My brain had come to the conclusion that I had feelings for Luke Hemmings.

Hey don't judge me. I'm a sucker for guys good with kids. I thought maybe his jerkiness was just a front an that there was a good and pure guy underneath. Ok that was me a year ago. Gimme a break jeez.

After that day, Luke and I hung out a lot until I admitted I liked him. Then we became "official" I guess. We had a pretty rocky relationship that lasted 9 months and ended when he cheated on me. With guess who?

I feel like such a bad friend. I haven't spoken to my BEST FRIEND, Talia, in ,wait for it, 2 months. My boyfriend usually drives me to and from school so I didn't have to depend on her brother for transportation anymore.

I guess I've just been too busy to stop by. I mean, my teachers give me a lot of homework and I take advanced placement classes so it's a lot more rigorous than grade level. Talia's only in one of my classes. I usually have to call Stella for help with homework.

After an intense studying session with Stella, I decided I would go over to Talia's house. Stella agreed to watching Lacey while I was gone. (Yes I watch her every day after school. )

"I should only be gone 15 minutes, " Stella nodded. "but knowing Talia, I could be gone for four hours. " Stella's eyes widened.

She interrupted me. "What?"

"Don't worry I put a pizza in the oven for you guys in case I actually am gone that long. " I pointed at the oven.

Stella sighed and muttered under her breath, "Thank the lord.." She looked into my eyes. "You know I can't cook. " I chuckled.

"Ok. I'll be just down the street if either of you need me. " I kissed Lacey on the forehead.

"What if I fall and bruise my knee?" Asked Lacey.

Stella answered this one for me, "Then I will clean it and put a colourful bandage on it. "

"What if I lose my doll?"

"I can help you find it. " Stella grinned.

"Lacey, Stella has a sister your age. She knows how to deal with 7 year old situation. " I opened the door. "You are in good hands. Love you. " I exited.

I walked the really short path to Talia's house. I was slightly anxious. I rang the doorbell. While I waited, I fumbled with my fingers for a moment. No one came to the door. I rang again. Still nothing.

I used my key (Talia gave me the key for emergencies. This can qualify as an emergency. What if they were zombies in there? ) and opened the door. I stepped inside slowly.

Talia's mom's car wasn't in the driveway so I was thinking she's not home. Neither is her dad."Talia?" I walked into her kitchen. No response.

I went upstairs to her room. Maybe she's listening to music? I turned the knob and swung her door open. "Talia, I'm so sorry! I can't believe we haven't spoke in-" I interrupted myself by gasping. The sight before my very eyes was shocking.

On Talia's bed laid Talia with a topless Luke on top of her, and they were making out....intensely. My eyes blinked rapidly, thinking that maybe it would go away if I blinked fast enough.

Ok I'm going to skip the me catching him, Talia using the "it's not what it looks like" classic, and me breaking up with him and him not caring part.

I returned to my house in tears. When I reach the safe confines of my home, I slid down the door and sat on the floor with tears streaming down my face.

"Is someone there?" Stella shouted from the kitchen. I let out a sob. Stella must've heard me because she came running out. "Bry? You here?"

I curled up into a ball with my head down.

"What happened Briar?" She crouched down next to me. I kept sobbing. "You gotta tell me what's wrong so I can help. "

I shook my head. I heard feet marching down the stairs. It was Lacey. "Briar?" Her high pitched voice was full of concern.

"What happened over there?" Stella asked me. I lifted my head up. Everything around me was a blur because of my tear-filled eyes. There was a huge lump in my throat.

"I-"Tears were pouring out from only that one word. Oh lord, how was I gonna get out an entire sentence. "She was." I paused. "I caught-" My voice croaked.

"Spit it out Briar!" Stella demanded her expression growing worrisome.

"IcaughtherwithLuke. " I spat out quickly. Lacey didn't understand it, but by the look on Stella's face, I knew she did.

"Lacey go back upstairs for a minute. " Stella was eying me while telling Lacey what to do. Her chocolate brown eyes intensely looked on my bloodshot navy blue ones.

"What did she-"

"Now gosh dangit!" Stella had a very leader-type voice that made Lacey listen to her.

"Ok. " She got off her knees and went back up stairs reluctantly.

Once Lacey closed her bedroom door, Stella spoke," I'm going to kill that son-of-a-bitch"

"Don't-"

"How dare that bastard cheat on you? 9 fucking months of your life you wasted on his undeserving ass!" Stella paced around the living room. "Oh and that bitch Talia, " Stella chuckled coldly. "What I wouldn't do just to teach them a lesson. "

"There's nothing we can do... " I sighed solemnly.

I remembered something. "Didn't your mom want you home by eight?"

Stella groaned. "I don't want to leave you hanging but I really do have to go. Sorry Bry. Maybe I can't think of something now, but I will, and it'll be big. " Stella helped me up from the floor. "He won't just get way with this. " "He'll get his comeuppance."

Stella hugged me goodbye and then had to leave. The last thing she said really stuck in my head. He'll get his comeuppance. How?

-

Sorry for the extra long wait. I was unsure of how many intro chapters to make and decided this will be the last one. :) I hope you like it and don't worry I will still do flashbacks when necessary to make it make sense. (Sorry if this chapter seems rushed. Usually updates takes me 1-2 days. This one took 2 weeks to write. )

I will seriously try to write more I promise. :) I now have a daily reminder on my phone to help me. I love everyone that reads (Thanks for 300!) :)

Comments & Votes really help me update and they are greatly appreciated. :-)

~D (09/11/2013)