Chapter 6~ Operation

Wtf? An update?! Here you go :)

(I got into a bit of trouble so my updates were halted. I'M SO SORRY.

-

My mind wandered during class. I doodled in my Writing notebook as I reminisced over the events of the previous school year.

•Meeting Luke

•Meeting Stella

•Catching Luke with my so called best friend

•Breaking up with Luke.

•Becoming closer to Stella

•"Comeuppance"

In all honesty I had to look up the word comeuppance. The dictionary definition of comeuppance is "a well deserved revenge or punishment. " She hasn't mentioned it since making me wonder what Stella had in mind. In the corner of my eyes I saw Ms. Whitham's grey blouse. I gulped and glanced up to my right.

"What do you think you're doing Ms. Henderson? Why are you drawing in your Writing Notebook?" She squinted her eyes and glared at me over her cat eye glasses. Her hair was almost completely grey with a few blonde hairs that were obviously dyed. Her hair was in a tight bun with absolutely no loose strands.

"Sorry..." I muttered meekly.

"Would you like to show the class your beloved drawing?" She nudged my right arm that obscured my notebook from her eye. I shook my head hastily.

"No thank you, I'll just pay more attention. " I gave my elderly educator an uneasy smile. The class erupted in obnoxious laughter which resulted in Ms. W scolding them.

"Quiet. " She scolded the classroom. "Very well then. " She pursed her ultra thin lips and slowly made her way back to the front of the class. I sighed in relief under my breath. My drawing was of Talia and Luke hanging over a pool of unbearably hot lava while I rubbed my hands together in a maniacal manner. Maybe Ms. Whitham might not have noticed because I only drew figures and let's just say, they aren't very legible. The rope looks like a plain ole line and my people ( You-know-whom, and me) didn't even look like anybody. The lava was just a circle with steam lines. (I know I'm such an artist. )

The rest of my classes were a forgotten blur as I tuned out all voices besides those of my instructors and focused only on my pivotal schoolwork not wanting a repeat of what happened in Writing with Ms. Whitham.

Talia approached me after school. "Briar!" She called. I scowled at the mere sound of her agitating voice. I would've just ignored her completely if it wasn't for the fact she had a tight grip on my arm.

"What is it Talia Geoffrey?" I used her full formal name to let her know I mean business and yanked my arm away from her clawed grasp.

Talia looked slightly different. Her flame red hair that used to only go slightly past her chin now went barely past her shoulders. No longer did she go for the natural makeup look.. Oh no. You could easily tell she took some time to work on her face. She sports 5 pumps on her feet making her an inch taller than me. She cleared her throat before beginning to speak, "I just wanted to say sorry for what happened last year and I hope you have a good year. " The sincerity was missing from her voice and her smile was fake. She twiddled with a lock of her hair.

I checked my invisible watch impatiently. "Is that all?" Just being in the presence of her still irritates me to my core.

She nodded and her heels clacked down the steps. "Oh aaaand," She spun around on her heels. "To clear out all this tension," She twirled her hand around and then brought it down to a pinch. "I," she pointed to her chest. "Knew him first. " The hate-o-meter in my head went from (50%)yellow to red(100%). My face went red as I quickly hopped down the steps.

"What did that have to do with-"

"We knew each other well, " She said all suggestively. "before you even met him. And might I say," She opened the passenger side door to her brother's car. "He's quite big. " She winked and waved at me before climbing in the car and closing the door.

I was left gobsmacked for Stella to find me. "Hey girl!" Her cheery half-American half-Australian accent chimed. She hooked arm with mine and tried to move but I didn't budge. "You alright?"

I snapped out of my trance. "Yeah let's just go. " Stella's mum had already pulled up in her car and was waiting for us. She took us to their house. Stella doesn't take after her mum physically. They both have dark brown hair and brown eyes, but that's it. Stella's mum has fairly light skin while Stella's was a medium brown. Ms. Williams(divorced) had a strong jawline that complimented her stern but gentle features. Stella had soft childlike features and a sweet smile. She most definitely takes after her dad.

After Stella hugged her goodbye, she held the door open for her mother to exit. She locked the door after her. Stella then entered interrogation mode. "What happened?"

"What do you mean?" I feigned innocence, pretending to not have a clue what she was going on about which bothered her a bit.

"I mean," She took a deep breath, " I saw you and Talia talking and it seemed intense. "

"Oh it was nothing. Typical ex-best friend confrontation..." I trailed off for a moment. Stella rose a eyebrow. I explained it more clearly.

"That bitch!" She pounded her fist into the wall, which only gave her a bruised hand. "Owwwww." She shook it violently. "I swear I'm gonna-Oww. " Her face then lit up as if a light bulb just went off. "I got it" She tried to snap her fingers but failed since hand was currently sore. "Ow..."

"What?"

"Remember comeuppance?"

"Yeah?"

"I just might know how to do it. " She smiled to herself. She frowned quickly and hurried to the kitchen to get an ice pack for her hand. "Ok I'm ok now. "She sat at the table

I chuckled at my clumsy friend. "Well? Fill me in. " I also sat down at the table.

She had an absent minded smile lurking on her lips. "Do you ever Luke looking at you when he really shouldn't be?"

"Yeah. "

It actually happened in one of my classes today.

I was sitting in my assigned seat for the hour as I faced forward and eyed the writing on the whiteboard carefully. I then started translating the notes from the board to my notebook and was going as a reasonably fast pace until I felt eyes on the back of my head.

I thought I as just imagining things as I shrugged it off and continued jotting the notes down. Then the staring began to make me feel uneasy. The feeling didn't go away.

The eyes were still on me. I turned around just as someone looked away. That some was Luke Hemmings. He not-so-swiftly pretended to be in a conversation with the curly haired brunette siting next to him. Even though we both know I caught him looking at me.

This made me smirk for some reason, knowing that Luke was looking at me when I was looking rather good in my opinion.

Once I finished retelling the event to Stella, she still had that smirk on her face. "Perfect. "

"So what's your big plan?"

"We shall begin Operation GBWLSTYCBHH. "

"Come Again?"

Stella sighed dramatically. "Get Back With Luke So You That Can Break His Heart. "

"Seriously?"

"Seriously. "

----

Dun da dunnnnn! If this seems long, it's because I wrote this entire chapter out with pencil and paper and it took 4 front and back pages. So if this isn't longer than a page Imma be pissed.

Hope you guys like it! Sorry for the mini hiatus from writing HB. (I have to initialise everything sorry. ) Comments and votes really help me and make me smile! Thanks for reading I'm halfway to 1k reads!

Enjoy your day/night/evening/morning :) (Sorry for any spelling mistakes!)

~D