Chapter 22~ Out

You may or may not have noticed that I changed the main character girl's name. It used to be Victoria (a very pretty name but used very often in Luke fanfics) and now it's Briar. Carry on, happy reading

-

BRIAR.

Stella propped her upper body up with her forearms. "Really?" She was sprawled across the lounge her right leg hanging off of the side of the lounge.

"Why would I lie about that?" I crossed my arms and plopped down on the lounge chair.

"To get me all excited. " She laid down again.

I laughed. "Well it's true. I'm not making it up I swear. "

"So," She sat straight up. "Whoa I'm dizzy. " Stella held her forehead. "Ok now on to my serious question, do you have ANY feelings, conflicted or definite, for Luke?" She eyed me carefully.

"No. " I replied without thinking. If I thought, then I would've been lying. I don't know how I felt about Luke. I haven't even spent that much time alone with him to even be able to decide.

"Ok, now on to the fun stuff. " She smiled. "Execution. "

-

"Due to the observations that have been made, the conclusion that has been reached is that Luke is very uniform. Does everything the same way at the same time" Stella explained.

"How do you know that?" I asked her.

"I'm very observant," She stated. "And let me finished. " She waved me off. "This is relevant because you need to be able to fit into his schedule. He has band practice from 3:30 pm - 6:56 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. Oh and sometimes Saturdays. "

"How do you know that?" I had to ask.

"Michael told me. " Stella's words came out of her mouth like it was no big deal that she was associating with one of Luke's best friends. I had to tell her it was.

"Oh, " was all that managed to come out of my mouth as I got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Oh?" She followed me.

"I didn't know you and Michael were talking like that, " I continued to walk over by the fridge.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," I giggled which must've upset Stella.

"Is there something funny about that?"

I nodded. "You know you can't date him right? " I got out a bottle of water from the fridge and made my way toward the counter.

Stella, for some reason looked offended by what I said. "And why the hell not? " She went to the other side of the counter and leaned on the granite countertop, her eyes very bewildered.

"Because," I held up one finger and opened my water bottle, snapping off the cap. I wanted to make it as simple and clear as possible, "that could jeopardise everything. "

She took a moment to let my words sink in before beginning to speak, "How so?" The cautious expression never left Stella's face. She was very alert and looked hurt by my honesty. "What's everything?"

"Me. Luke. The Plan." I put emphasis on "the plan" so that maybe our priorities would be re-implanted into her brain and she could focus more on what's important rather than her personal stuff.

"What does that have to do with me and Michael?" She was still failing to see the importance of her not giving caught up with Michael and it was beginning to frustrate me.

I sighed deeply. "Stella, don't be dense. "

"Excuse me?" Stella raised her voice. Maybe I took that too far.

"I didn't mean it like that, " I tried to laugh away some of the sting off of my right, yet impulsive but true, statement. It failed however because I received cold as ice stares from the girl I consider my best friend. "You're a smart girl and you know it. "

"Who do you think you are?" Stella asked and took a step back in awe. Not awe as in full of admiring respect and appreciation. No not at all. More like awe as in complete and utter shock.

"I'm Briar."

"No!" Instead of taking more steps back, she took a few steps forward in an attempt to be taken seriously. "I thought I was involved in this plan but you, all you talk about is the plan. " I thought that was the end but she continued speaking. "Which is kind of ironic considering you can't stop talking about Luke as well. "

"You aren't making any sense," I just wished that I could understand what she was talking about. "I have no clue what you are talking about. "

"You-" Stella cut herself off to take a deep breath. She put her hands up in defeat and faced away from me. "I'm done. " She whispered quietly.

"What?"

"I'm sick of being second-rate to you." She began to look down while she was talking . Her voice trailing off occasionally."Now, I regret even suggesting the plan. It's changed you. "

"No. " I shook my head at her. "You can't quit. " My unsteady vocals began to mimic hers as my voice grew quiet and shaky. "Y-You're the one who constructed it. Suggested it as well. "

"You seem to be doing fine on your own. " Stella faked a polite smile, miserableness evident in its curve. "You got Luke. " She swung her bag over her shoulder. "You can do the rest. " She slowly walked to the door but before leaving looked over her shoulder. "Good luck, Briar. "

I thought this was the end of her involvement in the plan. Little did I know this was the end of our friendship.

-

Ooh.

I'm pretty sure you saw that coming.

Hope you liked it! Comments and votes and just being awesome and reading helps me update. Your reads got me to 6k. Thank you so much for reading.

~D