Chapter 1. Mistake

Hi, I began writing this story in mid-late 2013. My writing style had since improved and if you continue reading you'll see. 

Briar.

"C'mon Bry!" Talia urged me, pouting her lips. "You have to live a little! " She handed me a red solo cup, filling with a drink that reeked with the stench of alcohol. Despite the distance, the odor still burned my nose. 

"Uh, no. " I tilted the cup over into a nearby plant, letting its contents flow onto the poor faux tree. 

My ginger friend frowned at me for my actions, unhappy for my waste of  what she dubbed as "perfectly good alcohol".

"It was just punch!" She whined in an annoyed tone. I rolled my eyes. They could've spiked it, and I wanted to avoid the whole getting drunk at a party scenario, something I was always warned about
I voiced my thoughts, "You don't know, they could've spiked it with vodka or something. " 

That's the thing about high school parties. you should know better than to drink at one. You'll always end up on top of the table, dancing topless or making out with a stranger... That may be a stretch, but you know how teen drinking ends up.

"Well what are you gonna drink?" She asked. I didn't know whether she was concerned, or just worried that I would embarrass her with my refusal to drink what was made available by the party people. Talia cared much more about what people thought than I did. 

I held up my water bottle, which was previously stashed in my purse . "I'll drink some good H2O. "I chugged down some water and smirked at her with a mouthful of the liquid in my mouth. My mouth resembled a bubble before I decided to swallow the water. 

She squinted her eyes at me, appalled by my apparent lameness. 

"Why am I even friends with you?" I shrugged. "Well I'm going to go socialise. You can be antisocial all by yourself. " She snapped her fingers and strutted away sloppily, the alcohol taking a toll on her body. 

I grabbed a new red cup and poured the water in it to looking perfectly normal among the partygoers.
" Are you Briar? " A deep accented voice was heard from behind me. I turned around and Luke Hemmings was looking down at me, with a seemingly friendly crooked smile on his face. A cup was draping off of his right hand casually. 

"You know my name?" I replied slightly confused. 

Luke Hemmings was a rather interesting person that didn't look like the type to memorize the names of the ordinary. Yes, I qualify as the ordinary.

He chuckled lightly. "Yeah I do. " His sandy blonde hair was partially swept back away from his face. "You're in nearly every one of my classes. It's hard not to notice you. " He took his sweet time looking me up and down, making me feel extremely awkward under his gaze. 

"Oh. " I replied tersely, taking a sip of my water.

"Let me guess, " Luke raked his fingers through his blonde hair. "Your friend dragged you here?" My disinterest in the typical party socializes must have sparked curiosity in him. His eyes were able to pick out Talia in the sea of people dancing. 

"Yes. " I nodded. "And the worst part is, I don't even know whose house this is. " I added light-heartedly, trying to at least sound not like the most boring human being on the planet. 

"It's mine. " He stated nonchalantly. When Luke was speaking, he would occasionally sip from his cup, a sign of his obvious disinterest and boredom. 

My eyes widened. "Seriously?" He nodded. "Your house is huge. " My house was average, while his was very large and spacious compared to my humble home. He chuckled at me, amused by my amazement. 

"Thanks. And by the looks of it, " He looked into my cup, seeing the water inside of it. "I think you're afraid to drink the punch. " He said changing the subject from him to my non-punch filled cup. He was very observant.

I felt embarrassed as my cheeks turned red. First of all, I didn't know this was his house. . And second of all, he catches me hesitating to drink his punch. "Well you know people, they spike punch nowadays.." This was my stupid comeback. 

"Well you were right not to drink it. " His smile became smug after finishing the vague statement, leaning against the wall behind his.

I raised an eyebrow. 

"I'm the one who spiked it with vodka." He admitted shamelessly. Talia drank so much punch. I knew it was spiked.

For a minute, all I could hear is the sound of a girl who had drank too much punch retching behind Luke. I took a closer look and it was my best friend. The lovely Talia. I ran over to her and held her hair back as she vomited on the hardwood floor.

Luke's eyes flashed concern, but are quickly filled with rage. "You sloppy bitch! You vomited on my floor."He yelled angrily at my intoxicated friend who involuntarily puked on his floor. Was this guy serious?

"She just threw up and you are worried about your damn floors? " My face was identical to his, fiercely showing my fury. "You can easily mop that shit up. " I let Talia have a sip of my water to settle her stomach. "Cmon Talia we're leaving. " I pulled Talia up and dragged her out of the door, leaving my Red Solo Cup behind.

~
So this is the first chapter of Heartbreak. This is kind of the intro. It will help you get to know the characters. The first chapters will most likely be like this.
Please vote and comment and tell me how I'm doing! I'd really appreciate it.
Sorry if its short. It's only the beginning! It will get a kajillion times better I promise!
~D