Chapter 9~ Intel

(I deleted the first part so I now have 977 reads instead of 1.2k reads. I changed the name so I couldn't have the first part in there. It's now Heartbreak. )

Thanks for reading!

Enjoy!

-

This. Is. Weird. I'm so not used to this. Usually when I talk about someone behind their back, which is something I rarely do, they find out. For some reason, Talia seems to not know what I said about her being the rebound. Which I now regret saying because that could have jeopardised the plan.

Stella invited Talia over for an all girls sleepover later this evening. I've never had a sleepover before. Well not my house. Stella made a checklist for me. The last things I need to check off are food/drinks and sleeping arrangements.

"Ok so I can open the connecting door in Lacey and I's room so we can have like one large room since Lacey is staying with a friend for the time being. Talia can sleep on the floor while we sleep on the beds. " Stella frowned at me. "What?" She shook her head. "Ugh fine. I can pull out an air mattress that she can sleep on. "

Stella squinted her eyes at me and mouthed no. "We can't make her feel like some second-class citizen. She must feel welcome. Once she grows accustomed to us, we can pry and find out all of her and 'Lukey poo''s little secrets. " She put air quotes around the disgusting nickname. I giggled.

"You really think she calls him that?" I asked in between absolute fits of laughter.

She nodded. "But not to his face of course. That would crush his wittle man ego and ruin his reputation as being a badass. She probably calls him that to all of her friends. She's that girly. " Stella filled a giant bowl with butter flavoured popcorn. She grabbed another humongous bowl and tossed a bag of potato chips in it.

I opened the bag and filled the other bowl. "Ok we can all sleep downstairs. She'll take the pull out while we use air mattresses. Better?" Stella gave me two thumbs up and popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth. I turned the TV on and flipped to my favourite movie channel.

" I recorded When He's Gone . " I tossed the remote control on the nearby chair and began setting up the pull out bed. I moved the cushions onto the chair as well and "Want to watch it?"

"What is it?"

"A suspense movie. " I hopped into the bed and sat down in the middle. "Talia should be here any minute now. Be prepared. " I recorded the movie on my DVR in case we wouldn't be able to watch it live.

"Oh I will be-" The door bell interrupted Stella. I mouthed that Talia was here. Stella's eyes widened. She quickly ran to open the door for our guest. "Welcome!" Stella hugged Talia at the door. "So glad you could make it!" Stella sounded really excited to see Talia. Wow she's good at this..

I plastered a huge fake smile on my face that made Talia grin, happy to see that we liked having her over. Talia set her stuff down and I moved her coat to the closet. Stella went over the plans for the night with Talia as the three of us positioned ourselves on the lounge-bed.

"Bry set some suspense movie to record on the TV for us to watch. " Stella held up the bowls of popcorn and chips. Stella's volume increase exponentially. "We've got snacks!" She crunched a chip in her mouth. " Stella handed Talia a chip. "Talia, you want one?"

Talia hesitated. She let out a deep, somber sigh and shook her head with a frown. "No. " Judging by the look on Stella's face, she was quite confused. Talia most likely saw her expression because she elaborated, "I'm on a low sodium no salt diet. "

Stella's mouth formed an O. I wanted to laugh out loud so bad, but Talia was completely serious so it wouldn't have been very appropriate. Stella is one of those girls who just loves food. A picky eater that when she likes something, she will eat all of it. I bet it is pretty hard for her to accept that some people don't like food. "D-Diet?" Her chocolate brown eyes grew in size and diameter.

A sheepish smile formed on Talia's face. "Yeah..." She shyly mumbled an apology afterwards. "Sorry.." Redness spread across her cheeks until she was nearly as red as her flame-coloured locks.

Stella shrugged off the shock of Talia's words. "It's fine. " She giggled. "I love food so it just shocked me a little. " Stella winked at Talia before grabbing a handful of popcorn and stuffing the popped kernels into her mouth. She proceeded talking but since there was food in her mouth, it came out sounding like gibberish.

"Can you repeat that?" Talia and I asked in unison.

Stella swallowed the contents in her mouth and gulped down a mouthful of water to get it down. " I said, I heard you and Luke are together. " Stella attempted to wiggle her eyebrows but she failed miserably.

If Talia's face was even beginning to recover from the crimson red state it was before, it would have to start at square one again because of Stella's comment. "Oh..my.." Talia was smiling down at the carpet. "B-Briar told you that?"

"So it's true?" Shock was blatant in Stella's voice after Talia spoke. Stella was pretending that she didn't already know that Talia was with Luke. I would have to admit, she was pretty darn good at it. "I just guessed. " That was the truth. Stella smirked suggestively, "Is he good?"

"What do you mean?" Talia feigned innocence.

"C'mon Talia. " I nudged her shoulder. "You know what she means. "

"But you're his ex. " Her piercing green eyes glanced up at us, mostly me though.

"Yeah but we never did it." I stated. " You and Luke of course, have had sex before. You said that he was 'big' " I quoted Talia's words from when Talia confronted me. Talia must feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah but it's private..." Talia was becoming very meek.

"Who would we tell?" Stella asked. "Honestly. It would stay between the 3 of us. " Stella gestured towards her heart and conducted a crossing motion. "Guaranteed. "

Talia gave in. "Alright." Yes! "YES. " She blurted out. "And It was my first time ever doing, the you know, but I did not tell Luke that. I told him that I've done this sort of thing before but I had not even been touched by a guy. And let me tell you this, it felt uncomfortable at first but once you get..." I wanted to tune out this sexual talk, but I had to listen to it. "...that felt really good. "

Stella was so into the conversation, or at least she appeared as if she cared about Talia's sexual experience. After Talia finished, Stella spoke up, "That was..uh.. 'interesting' I guess.. Another thing I want to know, what does Luke do in his free time?"

"He's in some dumb pop rock band or whatever." Talia answered Stella's question. "5 Seconds of Something. " Talia must not have bothered to learn the name.

"Something?"

"Yeah! Something that begins with an S. " Talia snapped her fingers trying to think of it. "Saturdays? No.. Sundays? No that's not it either.."

For some odd reason, Stella thought of naming seasons. "Spring?" Talia shook her head in absolute frustration and said no. "Is it Summer?" Talia squealed and nodded her head up and down repeatedly. "5 Seconds of Summer?" Talia said yes.

-

Hey! As you all have noticed, I changed the name of the story. It used to be Bulletproof // Luke Hemmings. Now it is simply Heartbreak. The name Bulletproof didn't make much sense to me and didn't really fit the story in my opinion so I had to change it.

Like the new cover? :)

Comments, votes, and adding to lists make me happy :) (Helps with updating too!) Happy Friday the 13th if its still Friday by the time that I publish this.

~D