Chapter 11~ Table for 4

I wrote this one a little differently. Tell me what you think. Enjoy!

THIRD PERSON POV

The sleepover had gone over well and Talia and Briar discussed the information they had gathered at lunch on the next school day.

"So what do we now know about the duo?" Stella asked, referring to Talia & Luke as she scribbled some words down on a single sheet of loose leaf paper.

Sitting in the back of cafeteria had become their thing. No one could hear the conversations and no teachers came over so the two could pull out our phones if it ever became necessary to do so.

"Ok from what I observed, it's pretty safe to make the assumption that her and Luke aren't actually a couple. " Briar stated.

Stella agreed with her friend,"I'm certain that Luke has other girlfriends and his 'relationship' or whatever with Talia isn't exclusive." Briar nodded. "So now that we had information, you can work on Luke. " Stella added, pointing to Luke, who was several tables in front of theirs. He was sitting with 2 other guys.

Most likely the other members of his band, Briar thought. She mentally groaned. She did not want to go over there. Why did I agree to this? She sighed. Maybe I don't have to go over there now? "Now?"

Stella said the words Briar was deeply dreading, "Its now or never. C'mon it's the perfect timing. " Stella chugged down a mouthful of water from her reusable water bottle. "Time for you to muster up some courage and go over there. "

"Easier said than done. " Briar muttered grumpily, crossing her arms and glancing again towards Luke's table. The other guys weren't very intimidating looking. Lets just do this. Briar stood up abruptly.

The fear temporarily left her body as she strutted up to the boys' table. She cleared her throat to gather the group The fear and anxiety returned as soon as the guys looked her way. A lump grew in her throat.

"Um.. hi. " One of Luke's friends awkwardly greeted her. The one with the bleached blonde hair with a black streak down the middle. His eyes were a pale green. Briar swore she saw him before. Maybe a different hair colour? "Well do you want something?"

The other guy besides Luke just stayed quiet, not attempting to ignite a conversation. Luke however said something. "What do you want Victoria?"

"Oh so this is Victoria. " Said the guy that greeted her. "Hi, I'm Michael. " Unlike Luke, the two boys weren't heavily tattooed and neither of them has a piercing. (Unless you count ear piercings, which no one does)

The boy who previously was not talking to me, spoke up, "My name's Calum. " Calum had black hair and olive skin. His eyes were chocolate brown. He had very sweet features. Calum and Michael seem friendly and sociable. Why are they even associated with a guy like Luke Hemmings? They appear to be complete polar opposites.

"You guys know who I am?" Briar couldn't help but be a little shocked that they knew of her existence when only very recently she discovered theirs. She slid into the seat next to Michael. Which put her in between him and Calum.

"Of course we do. " Calum replied. "Lukey boy here," He gripped Luke's shoulder. "tells us everything that goes on. " Briar chuckled at the nickname they gave to Luke. Lukey boy.

"Even about his relationship with Talia?" I queried. Michael and Calum nodded in unison.

"Which is none of your damn business. " Luke grumbled harshly, finally pitching into the conversation.

"Where is the lovely girl now Luke?" Michael asked. "How come Talia didn't come sit with us today?" Michael was teasing Luke about him and Talia.

Luke was annoyed. "You know it's not like that. Talia is not my girlfriend so why would we sit together?"

"I remember you and Briar sitting together when you two were dating. " Michael reminded Luke. "Everyday I think it was. "Luke glared at Michael, making him laugh. "What? It's the truth, right Briar?"

"Hmm?" Briar tried to pretend she didn't understand what he was asking so she didn't have to reply, but her efforts were in vain after Michael repeated as a full question. "Uh, I don't remember sorry. "

Calum added, "How do you not remember? Luke literally ditched us everyday just to eat lunch with you. "

Luke changed the subject. "So you want to sit here now? Great. " He huffed in annoyance. Looks like someone doesn't want me here, Briar thought. How is this going to work?

"Yup. " Briar looked Luke in the eye. "Is that going to be a problem?" His bright blue irises eyed her back. He shook his head. "Good. Because I'm not going anywhere so get used to it. "

-

Chapter 11 everyone! Hope you liked it! Comments and votes are highly appreciated along with adding to lists and maybe following me?

Happy Holidays

~D