Chapter 16~ Comfort In Vulnerablity

Happy Reading!

-

BRIAR.

I watched as she ran into the bathroom crying, confused. I was confused not Talia. I contemplated whether or not to go in there to check on her when I realised that none of her so called friends had done so.

Stella urged me to comfort my, what do I even call Talia? A friend? An acquaintance? She told me it would look bad if I didn't. I wanted her to come with me but she insisted that I must do it myself.

I pushed the door open that led to the bathroom and entered the bathroom, letting the door shut behind me. I followed the sound of crying to one of the middle stalls. "Talia?" I said from the outside of the stall.

The girl took a break from sobbing to answer me. "What do you want?" She sniffled.

"It's me, Briar. " I attempted to make my voice smooth and comforting. "Are you alright in there?"

She opened the stall door and revealed her face. Her makeup had smeared and was all over her face. Talia's face was red and raw with toilet tissue bits on her cheeks near her eyes "What do you think? " She hissed in response. "I'm bawling my eyes out in the girls' bathroom. Would somebody who was alright do that?" She was sitting on the toilet.

I shook my head. "No..."

Talia wiped away a tear. "Let me be.....alone right now. " Her voice broke and cracked in the middle of the sentence.

"Where are all of your friends?" Talia shrugged. She was truly alone before I came in. Not a single one of her so called friends were in sight.

"None of my friends actually care about me. They're just fakes." Talia scoffed. "They probably ran after Luke or are talking bad about me right now. If it was you crying, tons of people would rush to your side. " Talia swept away a tear before it was able to cascade down her cheek.

Talia's statement puzzled me. "What is that supposed to mean?" I supported my body up by leaning against the stall door.

Talia blew her nose. "It means people give a fuck about you. " She waved her snotty tissue at me. "I can't even count the people that care about you. Even Luke would rush to your side. "

I snorted. "Yeah right he would. "

Talia's expression was very serious. "I'm serious, Bry. Luke still cares about you. Even though he tries desperately to hide from you and everyone else, he does. "

"And how do you know that exactly?" I couldn't keep some excitement from creeping into my voice, I just hoped she didn't notice.

"It's obvious. From the way he looks at you, to the way he avoids relationships. He never treated me the way he treated you. "

"Luke's an asshole. "

"Yeah but he's less of an asshole around you. It's just too painful for him to admit it. " Talia ripped off a few more squares of toilet paper, then blew her nose into them, and tossed the mucus-filled tissue in the waste basket.

I know I was supposed to be in here making Talia feel better, but I couldn't help but take advantage of her in her vulnerable state of honesty. "How did you began seeing Luke in the first place?"

"My mom invited his mom over for dinner and we just clicked. The relationship, I now learned, was merely sexual. When he met you, our fling had died off for a while. When you caught us, that was the first time we were together in a long time. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for me, Luke might have actually stayed faithful to you. "

"Something was bound to bring us apart sooner or later. " I reasoned.

"Whatever. It's only a matter of time before he goes back to you. " She fiddled with her fingers. Before I could speak, she continued, "It's fine. I should have known it wouldn't last. "She chuckled sadly. "It's my fault for thinking that Luke was actually my boyfriend and did not retain his feelings for you. You have my blessing if you ever decide to date again. "

"Are you going to come out of the bathroom. The bell's going to ring any minute now. "

"I'm probably just going to leave early. "She was looking down at her feet.

"Ok well I better go. " I stepped outside the stall. "I have to go all the way to the other building for my next class. Will you be ok?"

She nodded slowly and sighed. "Don't worry about me I'll be fine. " She smiled weakly.

"Ok bye. "

Before I was able to leave, Talia called my name softly."Briar?" I turned around. "Thank you for checking on me. "

I gave her a slight grin. "You're welcome. "I left.

-

GUYS I HAVE NEARLY 3K READS THANK YOU GUYS SOSO MUCH.

Usually I have something to tell you, but today I don't.

Comments, votes, and reads make me happy and update faster. (:

~D