Chapter 17~ Party

Happy Reading (:

-

BRIAr.

Things had just gone back to "normal", I guess. Luke finally returned to school after a week's absence and Stella and I officially joined their lunch table. Talia was practically invisible, sometimes I even forgot she went to our school. She sat alone. She kept her distance from me outside of class as well.

Michael and Calum were talking about some party. "It's going to be sick!" Calum exclaimed. "I heard that,"he mentioned an indistinct name "might be coming to the party. " The two of them went back and forth discussing the details.

"It's at Luke's place right?" Stella asked.

"Yes. " Luke answered for the other two boys. "Will you two be attending?" He was very casual and nonchalant with his questioning, giving off the impression he didn't care whether or not he received a positive response from Stella and me.

I shrugged. "I'm not one for parties. " Which was true. The first and last party I attended was the one where I had met Luke. "I might go. I don't really know. "

"And you?" Michael directed the question in Stella's direction.

"I don't know.. haven't really been to one, soo." Stella replied awkwardly while looking down at her fingers underneath the table. She fiddled with her digits.

"You've never been to a party?"

Stella shook her head. "Never been invited to one. " She shrugged it off and rested her hands on the table.

"Consider yourself invited. " Calum grinned.

-

STELLA.

"It smells like alcohol. " I whispered in Briar's ear. I cringed my nose. I hated the scent of liquor in the air. "And the music is.. interesting?" The statement was more like a question as I was unsure how I felt about it. Very loud rock music was playing throughout the house.

"You kinda get used to it." Briar said. "Now c'mon we're blocking the entrance. " She grabbed my wrist and yanked me inside. She let the door automatically slam behind her, startling the both of us. "And it's Mayday Parade. It's actually pretty good. "

"Now look who's the party expert. " I smirked.

Briar blushed. "Hey this is only my second party. " She raised her arms in defeat. I spotted a table with drinks on top of it. I removed a cup and was going to put some of the drink in it when she slapped my hand away. "Don't drink the stuff at parties unless you know you can take it. "

She received a puzzled look from me in response.

"They spike it, Stella"

"Oh. " I put the cup down. "But what if I get thirsty?"

"Hold on a second. " Briar reached into her above average sized purse and pulled out a bottle of juice. She handed it to me. "Here you go. "

"I'm not going to carry this so I might as well put it into a cup. " I poured the contents of the bottle into one of the cups. And Briar did the same. "Shouldn't we.. you know talk to people?" I asked. "It is a party and don't they do that at parties?"

"It would be a waste if we didn't. And there are plenty of hot guys around to socialise with. "Briar gestured to the mob of good looking guys standing in the centre.

My eyes widened when I noticed two of the guys were making their way over to us. "Two guys are coming over here. "

They were average height. The guy on the right had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes while the guy on the left had dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Dirty blonde spoke up first. "Hey what are you to doing over her by yourselves. It's a party shouldn't you guys be hanging out with other people?" He lightheartedly joked.

"Well we were going to. Before you guys came over here. " I smiled at them. "I'm Stella and this is Briar. We don't usually come to parties. " We set our cups down on the table.

"We could tell. " Piped the brunette. "Hi my name's Connor and that's Noah. "It was pretty obvious by the way you guys were huddled over there instead of being with everybody else." Connor added.

"You guys should really loosen up. " Noah reached beside us. "Live a little and have some fun. "

Briar chuckled. "What are you guys the Fun Police?"

Noah laughed. "Yup. We're here to make sure you guys enjoy yourselves. "

"We'll be fine. " Stella assured.

"Are you sure?" Asked Connor. We both nodded again. "Alrighty then. We'll be over there if you need us. " The two guys walked away from us and headed back towards where their friends were.

"Now what do we do?" I looked around with a bored expression on my face.

"Stay for an hour or two. Then we'll leave. " Briar picked up her drink and gulped it down. "Will you be fine on your own, I want to go over there?" She asked me.

I waved her off. "Oh yeah I'll be fine. I will just hang out with..." I trailed off to look around to see if there was a familiar face but all I saw were drunken strangers. "...someone?" I eventually finished. Briar then left me by myself. I drank the remainder of my drink.

My head spun around and I felt myself wobble. I held onto the table for support to keep myself from falling. What's going on? I smelt alcohol on my own breath and I glanced down at the cup. What did I just drink? The cup's odor was like a mixture between vodka and fruit punch. I groaned and bent myself over the table.

Ten minutes later. I heard a voice. "Hey Stella. " I turned away from the table and faced the strangers' shoes. I mumbled in response. "Stella are you alright? " I straightened my back and came face-to-face with Michael. His concerning green eyes instantly making me more alert and seemingly sober.

"I'm perfectly fine" I giggled. I was desperately tried to obscure the fact that I was clearly intoxicating by preventing my voice from slurring.

"Then why are you over here by yourself? " He snapped his head around to eye the groups of people then directed his eyes back on me. "Where's Briar and why were you crouched over the table?"

" I'm ffine Miichulll. " My slur was far more evident there. I couldn't stop myself. I have no control over what comes out and I just- Wait what was I thinking? It was probably about Michael.

Michael stepped forward and sniffed me. "Whoa have you been drinking? "

"What do you think?" I giggled again. I tripped over my own two feet. "WHOOPS. " I laughed at myself. I am so funny right now. "I'm such a klutz it's snababloutn. " My words turned indistinct towards the end of the sentence. I could hardly keep my balance. The world was just spinning too fast right now.

"Well I picked a good night to not drink. Need a ride home?"

"Wha I'm leavingh?" I looked up at him. "But it's such a cool party. " The lack of lighting was SO COOL. The music was so danceable. "Can't I at least dance a little bit?"

"What?" Michael must have thought I was strange. " No. It's better for you to go home and off to bed now rather than you pass out in 30 minutes. "

"Please don't take me to my house. " I begged. I couldn't go home like this. I may be drunk (as a SKUNK!) but I'm not stupid.

"Where do you want to go then?" Michael ran his hand through his messy white and black hair, ruffling it a bit. "You can't just stay here. "

"Take me to my house. I know my way. "

-

So here's chapter 17. Sorry it took so long. I had some trouble with setting some time to just write and thanks for being patient.

Ooh parties. How do you think Stella got drunk? Did Briar do it?

Hmm I wonder what happened to Briar.

;). Comments, votes, and reads help me update. Thanks a bunch for reading and voting and 3k is a lot thank you so so much I really appreciate it.

~D