First day of school

I woke up to the same bright light i did a week ago and everyday after that. I really need to get some curtains. I got up and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, white vans and a white Santa Cruz skateboard shirt and I rolled the sleeves up. I walked downstairs and saw my mom making breakfast.

"Morning mom. Where's dad?"

"Hey sweetie. You just missed him he just left for work. Sit down and have some breakfast"

I sat down and grabbed some sausages and eggs.

"Today's you first day of school. How do you feel?"

"Fine I guess. It's just going to school except I don't know anyone except Kelley"

"Well you'll make some new friends don't worry mi amor"

"Ok. I gotta go ma but I'll see you when I get home"

I walked out of the kitchen and walked up to my room to grab my soccer bag. I walked downstairs and out to my jeep. The drive to school was only 7 minutes. I parked my jeep and got out. I looked up at the school and started walking towards it. I made my way towards the administration office and asked the lady for my classes.

"Hey speedy"

I turned around and saw Kelley standing there. She came up to me and gave me a quick hug then snatched my paper.

"Hey kel" I smiled.

"Well your in luck we have all our classes together"

"Wow seriously. No one ever gets that lucky"

She smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

"Come on let's go we only have a couple minutes before the bell rings"

She led me towards our first class which apparently was English. She sat down at a desk and pointed to the one next to it and told me to sit. She looked at my paper again and then handed it back.

"How do you have so many free periods?" She asked.

"I got most of my credits already. I was in a lot of advanced classes back home"

"Ohh so your smart"

"I guess you could say so" I rubbed the back of my neck and chuckled.

"Good because I need help in trig. Are you good at trig? Can you help me with trig? I really need your help or I think I'm gonna fail and if I fail then I won't get into a good college and if I fa-"

"Woah easy calm down. Yes I can help you"

She gave me a quick side hug.

"Yes thank you so much"

Just then the bell rang and the teacher walked in. He started class and told us all the class rules. He then continues to talk to us about what is going to happen over the course of the year.

The bell rang and as soon as I grabbed my bag, Kelley grabbed my hand and we were on our way to the next class.

"So this is the class your failing"

"I never said I was failing I said I might fail but yes this is the class"

We sat down next to each other and then Kelley waved another girl down.

"Reece this is Cheney she is one of the captains on the soccer team. Cheney this is Reece, she's new and she's trying out for the team later today"

"Hey Reece it's nice to meet you. I'm glad your trying out"

"Yeah it's nice to meet you too. Umm I'm really excited about trying out"

"Well I wish you luck and I'll see you later"

With that she walked away and I turned towards Kelley. Curious, I asked her more questions about the soccer team until the bell rang. The teacher who was already sitting at her desk took roll and began the class. Throughout the class I kept looking over at Kelley because every time she didn't understand something she would do this cute eye scrunch thing. I thought it was adorable but Kelley kept getting frustrated.

After class I told Kelley that I had a free period and that I would see her in sports medicine. I told her to call me if she needed anything. I turned around and after about ten feet my phone started ringing and I answered it.

"Yes kel"

"I miss you"

I turned around and walked towards her and she gave me a hug.

"We still have two more classes today and then tryouts"

"Your right. I'll see you later then"

"Bye kel"

I decided to explore the school to familiarize myself with it. After about the fourth time I walked around the school I went to the cafeteria. There were three vending machines in there and I got myself and iced tea.

"Hey you must be Reece. Cheney told me we had a new senior. I'm Amy"

"Hey yeah Im Reece, the new senior"

"So do you know where all your classes are?"

"Oh yeah I just explored the school so I'm all good and Kelley is basically my tour guide"

"Oh that's good well I have to go back to class but I'll see you at tryouts"

"Yes you definitely will"

I smiled and she smiled back and with that she walked away. After a few more minutes the bell rung and I started my walk towards my sports medicine class. I spotted Kelley and went and sat next to her.

"Hey Amy told me she met you at the vending machines. Ahh is that for me?" She pointed at the iced tea and I couldn't help but smile.

"Uhh yes I got this for you"

I handed her the bottle of iced tea and watch her drink almost the entire thing.

"Oh I'm sorry did you want some"

"No no im ok don't you even worry about me"

"Ok anyway Amy told me not to get you into any trouble. Like I would ever do that"

"I don't know the day is still young"

"Oh stop it" she said as she hit my arm.

After sports med came lunch. Kelley was quick to grab us a table and then Lauren and Amy joined us. We all talked about different things and then went our separate ways when lunch came. The rest of the day went on pretty much the same. I had three free periods and then world history with Kelley. Then the most exciting part of the day and also the most nerve wracking.

Tryouts

My best friendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें