"Mrs. Smith?" she raised an eyebrow at me with a stone serious look on her face. Then the expression settled and a smile stretched on her face. "Never call me Mrs. Smith, Derek. I'm like your mother now. Call me Lisa. Darling" She said, her smile stretched further and her hazel eyes glistened. "Everything seems to be going according to plan" she stated and brushed her hair away from her slender face.

She was the one who was taking the initiative in this whole wedding. She herself managed to organize everything after going through all the trouble of cancelling everything. That memory of when all of this didn't happen just made my chest ache. I didn't like to think about it anymore. I had bigger things to worry about, like how I was going to do this.

"Anyway, I'm here to take my new son-in-law out shopping" She said bringing her arms to her hips and grinning at me. She seemed like a nice person but my instincts have been proven wrong.

"O-kay" I replied sceptically, I felt my stomach turn, it was a pleasant and a not so pleasant feeling.

Saying I was nervous would be an understatement. This was the first time ever that I was spending time with his mother and every time I did something I would end up wondering whether that was the correct thing to do or whether I could do things a better way. It was like I was trying to impress her.

Fine, I was trying to impress her, I didn't want her to hate me... it was not like I knew what she had heard about me. So it was up to me to figure out what to do and what not to do. After having lunch at a restaurant she suggested that we go into some shops and look for something that could wear for my wedding and the engagement ceremony.

Shopping with her was not easy. She was easily distracted by shoes and dresses...and handbags.. anything really. So in the end we ended up walking in to too many shops and ended up carrying way to many bag filled with designer brand shoes and handbags. Guess who ended up carrying them... Me.

She took me into shops that I would never go by myself or go at all. I mean why would I walk into Gucci so I could buy a pair of $3000 shoes, I was perfectly happy with my normal shoes.

The final store she dragged me into was Giorgio Armani. When we walked into the store Lisa grabbed hold of my arm and tugged me towards the suites.

"This would be perfect on you" she almost squealed like a little girl while feeling the black fabric. "Wait, maybe we should go with white for you...." She continued while tapping on her chin commenting to herself.

One thing I learned today was that she does not act her age; she was so energetic and at the same time down to earth, a bit like Tanya. Maybe this is what Tanya would end up when she is older. Wait, did she say White? God was she saying that I was the bride!

"No... I like this one...yeahhhh" she said and looked up at me. I smiled and nodded in approval at her. I mean it was very nice. It was like one of the suits that Haden always wore, but this had sheen to it and it looked more formal.

"Is there anything I could help with you Madame" said a male voice from behind us. Before I could turn Lisa answered the man.

"Yes. Could he try that one on" she said in more order like tone to the man without even bothering to look at him.

The bags that I held for her was stating we weigh even more. My arms were numb from holding on to so many bags. Why couldn't we just put these in the car!

Half an hour later, after making me try on almost every suit she thought would look perfect on me she decided that we was not happy with any. In the end we ended up buying a Tom Ford suit for me to wear for the party that was inching closer.