Pain

P A I N

  Highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by injury or mental suffering/ distress.

---

* Play song in the media! Seriously it fits in very well with this chapter!*

The dawns between the two figures were never quite the same again.

Taehyung was stiff and felt rather unsettled, this was simply because for 2 dawns Taehyung and Jihae had not said a word to each other.

It was like there had been a change of energy between them or more specifically Jihae.

Taehyung, never watched the sunrise and instead had his eyes set on the girl sitting beside him. He noticed where her eyes once sparkled and widened in excitement seeing the fast approaching sunrise had been extinguished.

She no longer allowed a smile to greet her lips or even move to sketch in her notepad. She simply sat there as rigid and silent as a statue, one that was silently crumbling on the inside.

Taehyung knew that she cried when the sun rose her tears silently falling down her pale cheeks and her lips set into a tight thin line to stop her whimpering.

But the boy didn't say anything. He was scared and intimidated at handling a situation like this that whatever nonsense he conjured up would make things far more worse.

However, that morning something had snapped in him as she rapidly got up with a never ending stream of tears down her face. She had wanted nothing more but to sink back to the corners of her room away from the world that didn't understand her back, to the darkness that was slowly creeping back into her life just like before.

Her getaway plan from Taehyung had failed upon her sleeve getting caught on a branch. Jihae made the mistake of tugging it rather viciously causing a tear to echo out in the silence between them.

Taehyung immediately whipped his head around to her and his eyes winded a fraction upon seeing her arm.

An arm streaked with painful scars varying in intensity and length. 

An arm that showed the boy just how much this girl was suffering.

An arm that seemed to scream out a cry for help through agony that each mark beheld.

The girl's breathing became rapid and she desperately tried to cover her arm up, to shield her secret from the prying eyes of the boy sitting across from her.

'Faster you useless fool!" her mind seemed to scream at her causing her heart to thump against her rib cage painfully.

Taehyung was already crawling towards the girl perched on his knees as he slowly brought his calloused and rough hands towards her arm. Jihae attempted to pull away from him, her voice whispering for him to stop.

But he didn't stop instead he looked into the flecks of Jihae eyes simply phrasing one word on his mouth.

"Why?"

The girl let out a dry chuckled as tears stained her face.

"Because I became obsessed with it, that burning, stinging sensation that hit my skin when the blade dug inside my flesh. It became the exact moment where I forgot all my emotional pain focusing strictly on destroying myself because I lost my twin, my other half because of one stupid mistake."

Taehyung lip parted slightly upon hearing her speak words filled with ache, with pain. He had almost let himself sink into her place once, where he had let the blade cut his arm once. But it stopped himself before it was too late for he already had something etched upon his body to remember his guilt.

"Hideous aren't they?" Her broken voice whispered as she stared down at her arm in disgust.

The boy merely shook his head.

There's a saying that 'actions speak louder than words' and that was exactly what Taehyung attempted to do.

He allowed his fingertips to trace her arm, the scars with such gentleness, his gaze soft and caring as he tried to memorise every scar on her arm just to understand her pain. The sleeve to her other arm was bunched up as he tended to the other arm following the pathway of scares with his fingertips.

The boy did something that shocked himself and Jihae to gasped upon feeling his tender lips caress her skin. The sudden contact caused a surge of warmth for wrapped around Jihae's heart as he trailed a path of kisses down her arm to her fingertips.

Trying to mend her by using her touch.

The vibration of his low mumble against her skin rushed through her body..

"I will try to fix you..."

A/N:

Hi Again!

So one thing I must make clear to you all is that I do NOT encourage self harm at all, this was a topic I necessarily chose to incorporate into this story whilst trying to also tread carefully around it... I apologize in advance if you feel I havnet depicted it correctly although I did try to reserach as much as I could on it. Another thing, I hope ya'll played the song in the media because I wrote this chapter listening to that song. This chapter was harder for me to write as well as painful so I came out quite emotionally drained by the end of it.

Once again thank you for reading as always!

EKSFICTION