Chapter 4

Fae sat in her room, tapping her ballpoint pen against her paperwork, finishing up a report. She wasn't lying to Ema when she said she wanted to finish them. After their first meeting with the conceited idol Fuuto, Fae decided Ema needed to cool off, and she too needed to complete her work by being alone.

Fae sighs as she scratches her head and leans back in her chair. Papers were spread over her desk, various documents needing to be signed and sheets filled in. This was going to take a while, yet she had no will to do anything. Her muscles begged to move, her leg twitching ever so often to remind her of that fact.

She glances over at her alarm clock that laid on the bedside table. She sighs in exasperation at the time and gets up out from her chair, giving in to that innocent urge. She reaches up, arching her back, curling her toes and fingers with a moan. Why did that always feel so good?

She had been sat for two hours or so, so it was no surprise when her bones clicked in place. She hums softly at the feeling before running her fingers through her hair and leaving the bedroom. She approaches the kitchen, hoping some tea would make her feel better.

"Welcome back, Ukyou." Fae greets, giving a smile to the man as she laces her fingers together behind her back, watching him over the counter. Ukyou stands in a daze for a moment, shopping bags on the side in front of him, with his tie, loosely hung around his neck. He had just gotten back from his weekly shop. "Are you alright?" Fae asks, approaching the male with a worried expression, letting her fingers unclasp, getting ready to help the tired looking man.

"Oh, no, pardon me." Ukyou excuses. "It has been a while since anyone has said 'Welcome back' to me. It was nice to hear." He pushes up his glasses with a smile.

"Well then, every time you get back, I'll make sure to say it." She smiles with a giggle. He starts unloading one of the bags, wanting to put away the frozen food before it thawed.

"That reminds me, have you met Fuuto?" He asks, opening the freezer.

"Yes, he seems to be very," Fae moves her hand flippantly, "proud of himself." She recalls her encounter with the snooty pop star, scrunching up her face.

"I see." Ukyou hums in concern. "This is rude to ask, but tomorrow I have a case I need to work, would you mind making dinner?" He question.

"I don't mind at all." Fae smiles, happy to help. She then squints slightly, wanting to say something, but worried. "Ukyou?"

"Yes?" Ukyou answers unsurely, sensing her hesitation. He closes the freezer door, approaching her.

"You do know tomorrow is the 28th, don't you?" She raises a brow.

"Yes, I do." Ukyou picks up more food and goes to the fridge, not understanding where this was going.

"Of May."

"I know the date." Ukyou looks to her over his shoulder, still lost.

"On the calendar, May the 28th is marked as Kaname's birthday." Fae points to it hesitantly, lost. Surely Ukyou knew his own brothers birthdays? The blond man froze, eyes staring blankly at the calendar before adjusting his glasses.

"That may be true, but for most of us it is normal to work." He explains.

"Really?" She questions, scrunching up her nose.

"Kaname is at work too. Even if we wanted to throw him a party, he would not be here." He explains.

"Oh..." her gaze fell. "Well, you seem exhausted. Do you want me to make you tea?" She questions, approaching the kettle.

"No thank you. I shall start dinner now, though." He informs. Fae smiles gently, watching Ukyou with concern.

"Don't stress yourself, Ukyou." She tells him, removing a cup from the cupboard.