Chapter 11

"Hello." Tsubaki waves up at Ema, before ushering her towards him. She perks up, and the thought of sleep fades away as the energetic twin waves at her. Ema was heading towards the kitchen, wanting to help Ukyo out this morning before going to school, but it seems she needed to talk to the twins instead. The happenings of last night are still fresh in her mind, flushing her cheeks at the memory. If only she had been careful - stopped being so sensitive - everything would be fine. Ema returns the wave and walks down the stairs towards him and Azusa. The boys are sat in the living room, the only thing showing that last night really happened were two sharpie pens on the table.

"Good morning, sorry about yesterday." Azusa apologises before grabbing something off the sofa beside him. "Here, you forgot your cell phone, remember?"

"Oh, thank you very much." Ema smiles graciously as she takes it from his hand.

"Also, we made sure to get Suba back for what happened yesterday. It may have been a little harsh, but oh well." Tsubaki shrugs, basking in glory for ruining Subaru's face and pride.

"Um," Ema tilts her head, "what did you do to Subaru?" Hopefully nothing too drastic. It was partly her fault in her opinion, and she didn't want to be held accountable for their actions.

"Uh, yeah," Tsubaki chuckles, "it would've better if you didn't know." He shares a look with Azusa. A mischievous grin forms on Tsubaki's face. "But, how about your sister, huh?"

"What about me?" Fae asks as she runs downstairs with her casual work clothes on; slacks, shirt and blazer. As she runs past them, her blazer floats up exposing her gun and badge that is strapped on her hip.

"Have you got work today?" Ema asks as she watches her sister speed in the kitchen and pops back out again.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get a call." Fae takes a sip from the water bottle, a breakfast bar in her hand. "Morning, Ukyo." Fae greets as he enters from upstairs, carrying a hefty basket load straight from the washing machine. The pile is wet, Ukyo tasking himself to hang it all before going to work.

"Good morning." Ema greets. "Are you hanging those out to dry?" She points to the basket.

"Yes," Ukyou answers. He stops for a moment, visibly thinking something over before raising a brow at Ema. "If you wouldn't mind, might I ask you to do it?" Ukyo questions, holding up the basket.

"Certainly." Ema nods, rushing over to him. She takes the basket, wrapping her arms around the plastic container, knees buckling ever so slightly. Fae goes up behind her sister and gives her a hug, placing her chin on top of Ema's head.

"Bye," she says. "I'll be back late today, so don't wait up." Fae grins as she pulls away, a hand lingering on Ema's forearm.

"Goodbye, see you later." Ema smiles back, Fae moving away and to the stairs. Fae caps the bottle and puts it in her bag as she removes her phone from her pocket, holding it out in front of her. Then it rings.

"Detective Himata speaking." There's a prolonged pause, Fae looking at the twins. They stare at her, Azusa giving her a smile as Tsubaki raises a brow. She throws a smile their way. "Yes, I'll be there in 25 minutes." Fae nods, quickly hanging up. She smiles to Ukyo too, who had been watching her. "Thanks, Ukyo." She salutes as she walks towards the elevator. He blinks owlishly in reply. "For getting her to do jobs." Fae adds, leaning over the railing before the ding of the elevator signals her leaving. "Bye guys, I'll be home late!"

"Bye!" Azusa and Tsubaki chorus. Ukyo stands in confusion, wrinkles on his brow.

"Ukyo, our little sisters a cop!" Tsubaki squeals.

|||Time Skip|||

"I'm home!" Fae shouts, entering the living room. "Huh?" She looks around. "I guess they already went to bed." She shrugs and goes to the kitchen. On the side is a plate covered with clingfilm and a note. She reads it aloud. "'Fae's Food', I guess I'll eat it now." She removes the clingfilm and places the plate inside the microwave as she makes herself a glass of water. Once the timer dings, she removes it and places it down on the table. Twirling her fork in her fingers, Fae digs into her dinner. Just as she is halfway through, the elevator goes off.