Chapter 7

Music played softly in Faes room as she replied to Tsubaki's text, her book forgotten next to her. He and Azusa had just finished with a new game release and invited her. Of course, Fae only agreed to come on the grounds that Ema was invited too. Tsubaki agreed excitedly to the terms and told her the date. Fae sighs as she mulled over what had happened recently. She had been spending less time with Ema lately, and in exchanging spoke with the brothers. Fae thought of something and realised how convenient this idea would have been if she thought of it at the very beginning. Picking up her paperwork, she walks two doors down to Ema's room and knocks.

"Emmy? Can I come in?" Fae asks as she pushes open the door cautiously, not entirely sure if she was in there.

"Sure, I'm just playing games," Ema calls. Fae enters to see Ema on her rug, leaning against the side of her bed with a game controller in hand. Fae closes the door behind her and walks in and looks at the TV just to see Ema shoot another player. Fae lowers herself beside Ema, bringing her knees up to use them as a makeshift table. After forty minutes of writing, Fae's hand cramps up and her eyes flicker up to the screen to see guns shooting and bombs exploding. Fae's fingers twitch as her lips scrunch up.

"Can I join?" Fae asks as she reaches over for the box of treats Ema had hidden under her bed. Fae pulls out a packet of crisps and begins eating them.

"Yeah. Group or 2 Vs 2?" Ema asks, swapping the disk to COD.

"Depending if you want your sister to thrash you or strangers?" Fae shrugs with a smile. Ema giggles in reply.

"Has Tsubaki text you yet?" Fae asks Ema.

"Yes! To see Tsubaki and Azusa releasing a new game will be amazing, I'm really excited!" Ema said with a big smile on her face. It made Fae in a good mood, seeing Ema with a big smile. They continued to play, the only sound was the clicking of buttons and the mutter of profanity when either of them was shot. The game didn't last long. Of course, Fae had the accuracy but came up forth, and Ema coming in 2nd place, both girls pump their fists in the air at their own triumph. It felt good to spend time with each other, even if they weren't talking. Just the presence of each other felt nice. Soon it started getting dark outside, and Fae could smell the food from upstairs.

"I'm going upstairs, come when you're ready. And turn off your games." Fae stands, picking up her paperwork. She returns to her room and puts away her papers before heading to the elevator. She presses the button and listens to the wires whirls. She walks into the kitchen, poking her head around the fridge to see Ukyo at the stove with his kitty apron. Fae walks up behind Ukyo and watches as he finishes up the food.

"Good afternoon, Ukyo." Fae greets. "Anything I can help with?" Fae asks, looking around the counters. Ukyo jumps at Faes sudden appearance.

"Oh, yes." Ukyo nods. "Good afternoon. You can set the food out." Ukyo mixes the spaghetti in the pan. Fae quickly sets out the food and helped Ukyo give out the portions. Subaru, Yusuke and Kaname walk downstairs.

"Hi, guys." Fae smiles, placing down the last of the cutlery.

"H-Hey!" Yusuke shouts.

"Hi..." Subaru said as he tried to avoid conversation.

"So what's for dinner, little sister?" Kaname asks.

"Spaghetti bolognese." Fae said as she walks past him. "Mummy cooked it." Fae smirks as she heard Kaname chuckle, Yusuke holding in his own laughter and Subaru had a light smile on his features. She turned to see Ukyo with a vein bulging out of his head in irritation. Fae laughs lightly and walks back to the table, sitting down opposite Kaname.

"So my beautiful sister wants to be near me?" Kaname inquires in a husky tone. She looks up to him with a blank expression.

"No, I wanted to sit here so Emmy could sit next to me." Fae retorts and looks back to the stairs that anyone would have to come down to get in the dining room. Soon enough, Ema comes down the stairs and smiles when her eyes wander over Faes figure.