Chapter 16

||| Two Days Later |||

Fae carries her coffee in hand, approaching the precinct with Ishida in tow.

"You still not going with my plan?" Fae has the inkling to be passive-aggressive right now as she sips her coffee, watching people pass her by.

"Even if I don't agree, we know we'll have some lawyer up our ass about it. Best to tie up any loose ends now before we put the dirtbag behind bars." Ishida said as he opens the door to the police department.

"We both know Kaname slept with the girl, it is obvious." Fae says as they entered their office. "And Modeko gave us an alibi too, so that end is tied up." She adds quickly.

"Modelo is known for lying." Ishida retorts back.

"But we have a lead, which is better than none." She points out. "I'm going home to get changed and have a shower. Call if you find anything!" She smiles as she walks over to the car park and and jumps in her car. Hopefully the suspect wouldn't get away.

Fae stretches as she walks down the stairs into the living room. A hot shower had renewed her, and now she is sure Kaname isn't going to be tied up in anything else. She flicks on the news and browses through her phone. She raised her eyebrow at the message popping up in her screen. She furrows her brow, scoffing at it.
sighing in exasperation. She is going to have to get Hikaru's help with this.

|||At 10pm||

Ishida stands in the living room of the Sunshine Residence, various brothers around him.

"So, why are you here?" Tsubaki asks, eyeing him over. Tsunami couldn't help the annoyance seeping into his words. Fae spends a maximum of 40 hours a week with this guy. This guy who is almost twice her age.

"I'm taking you're sister somewhere." Ishida answers shortly, scowling, before he looks back up the stairs. He had been waiting for over 10 minutes, and if that hadn't made him impatient enough, a group of boys were staring at him.

"You're taking Fae on a date?!" Tsubaki raises his voice, panic flashing in his eyes.

"No." It is short and annoyed. "It's work."

"For your case?" Azusa asks, interested.

"That's none of your concern." He answers, rudely not looking at him. Ema appears in the living room moments later, handing Ishida a cup of tea with hot cheeks before settling next to Yuusuke on the sofa. While all this went down, Fae was scowling at her reflection. Hikaru had done what she asked of him, and she did look... Like what she asked. She groans, annoyed that she is the only person available to fulfil this shift. Fae rolls her head, thinking about the pay slip. This would boost it substantially. She could take Ema to a restaurant and have a sisterly meal. Then Fae looks at her reflection and flushes. This outfit didn't suit her. Maybe someone could pull it off as classy, but the right red dress kept riding up her thighs. She wasn't even walking yet. She grabs the trench coat from her chair and begins her march to the lounge. The moment the door opens, she rushes out and stands on the balcony.

"Ishida." She grits her teeth.

"Let me finish my tea first. Your sister was kind enough to make me one." Ishida said blankly. She couldn't tell if he was actually showing a kind gesture towards her sister or winding her up.

"Fae!" Tsunami eagerly pops up. "Show us what you're wearing, then!" He grins up at her. Fae's face turns red as she contorts it into a frown and a grimace.

"No." The boys that where currently there blink at Fae and her blatant response.

"I'm sure you look lovely, Fae. No need to be shy." Azusa tries to comfort. The idea of her not showing her outfit just made them want to see it more.