Chapter 12

The month leading up the wedding went by smoothly. Presents were wrapped, dresses were picked and the venue set. Yet, on the morning of the wedding, everyone is rushing.

Fae runs over to Ema's room, a dress held over her arm and heels in the other hand.

"Emmy!" She shouts, banging on the door with her hip. "Open up!" Ema opens the door, and Fae rushes in.

"Today we become a family." Ema sighs with a smile, returning the hug. Another knock is heard at the door, much lighter than Fae's.

"Morning, Chii." Louis waves, Ema opening the door to him. He has a bag hung over his arm, numerous objects pocking out from the top.

"Good morning," Ema greets.

"Morning, Rui." Fae smiles as she makes way for him to walk past. Ema sighs softly as she sits on the bed, looking out on her verandah.

"Is something wrong?" Louis asks.

"Oh, no. It's nothing," Ema shakes her head, looking up at him timidly. "Um, what brings you by? Do you want help with anything?"

"The opposite." Louis smiles. "You're wearing a dress today, eh? I was hoping... To do yours and Fifi's hair." Louis explains, lifting up the bag in emphasis. "That is, if you don't mind."

"Oh," Ema smiles, "I'd love that." Juli sits on the floor and put his fist in the air, squeaking. Fae smiles, watching as Louis puts the bag down and Ema sits, looking up at him.

|||Time Skip |||

Fae and Ema walk side by side, carrying a bouquet into Rintarou and Miwa's dressing room.

"I almost didn't recognise you two," Rintarou brings both girls into a hug. "You look beautiful."

"Congratulations." Ema speaks softly before her brow furrows. "Oh, no. I mean best wishes." Her eyes cast down, even more confused. She peers at fae. "Which is meant for the bride again?"

"My, oh, my, oh, my!" Miwa beams. "13 boys and finally some girls. You are such a joy." She gushes, holding her hands her breast.

"Thank you very much for the dresses." Fae and Ema say in unison, bowing.

"It's charming. I'm glad we settled for them." She looks back at Rinatoru. "I guess it was a smart buy, after all, right?"

"Yes, they're lovely." Rintarou agrees, a faint smile brushing his lips.

"Oh, M-Mrs Miwa, you look absolutely stunning too." Ema blushes.

"Yes, you look lovely today, Miwa." Fae agrees.

"Please, 'Ms. Miwa'?" Miwa places a hand on her chest, looking taken back. "From now on, if like you to, call me mum." She leans towards Ema. "I'd like that very much."

"Y-Yes. Ma'am!" Ema inclines her head. Fae giggles, sharing a look with Rinatoru.

"You can't expect that to happen overnight." He tells Miwa with a chuckle.

"Well, I suppose that's true." She laughs. "At any rate, I'm looking forward to a happy life together. I hope you are too."

"Okay!" Ema beam. They soon delve into a conversation and Ema leaves. Ema walks out of the room, closing the door behind herself only to hear the beginning of the conversation.

"Now Fae, I hope you are--"

Fae furrows her brow, fastening her pace down the corridor as she looks for Ema. The girl had wandered off while Fae spoke with Miwa and Rinatoru. She sighs, feeling haggard. Voices come from a nearby door, light chattering being made. She lifts her fist, knocking on the double doors before poking her head around.