Chapter 21

Fae enters the sunrise residence with a sneeze. She scrunches up her face as she pressed the button for the elevator. There's a tickle in her nose, the urge to sneeze overtaking her. She clears her throat, trying to rid of it. Fae wonders into the living room to see the majority of the Asahina's sitting on the sofa.

"I'm back!" Fae smiles.

"Welcome back." She hears a chorus of voices. She comes down, Azusa shuffling to the side to give her a space. She looks over at Ema - who's between Hikaru and Kaname - and smiles. Yuusuke pouts and Masaomi chuckles at him.

"What's up with you?" Fae asks as she ruffles his hair.

"Did you know that Fuuto goes to our school now?!" He shouts in exasperation.

"Yeah." Fae nods her head in a duh tone.

"Fae! Why didn't you tell me?" Yuusuke asks in disbelief, gawking at her. "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"Thought you knew." Fae grins in amusement. The siblings laugh at him.

"It's not a laughing matter. You have any idea what a shock that was?" He asks, furrowing his brow in frustration.

"Fuuto must have kept it a secret on purpose. Being his usual charming self." Hikaru smiles. Fae laughs under her breath.

"I was really surprised when I saw Azusa at school," Ema tells them. Fae perks up, blinking languidly at Email before turning to Azusa.

"Sorry." Azusa apologises. "It didn't occur to me either that you two wouldn't know." Fae notices Masaomi on Ema's camera, flicking through the gallery.

"What's that Masa-bro?" Kaname cocks a brow.

"Oh, photos from the entrance ceremony that Ema took." Masaomi tells him. Fae leans towards Massimo, trying to see over his shoulder to the camera.

"Hey, that's a nice shot." Kaname points. "Little sister, make me the subject of your photos sometime. If it's just you and me, I wouldn't mind going the extra mile for you." Kaname whispers to Ema.

"That's enough from you." Fae sends him a levelled look, and he puts his hands up.

"Don't worry, Fae, I'm sure I can do some poses for you too." He winks. Fae scoffs, but it doesn't stop the blush.

"I wanna see the photos sis took, too!" Wataru shouts as he jumps forward. Fae takes a sigh of relief. Her favourite brother always saves the day. "Come on! Come on! Photographs! Photographs!"

"Okay, okay." Kaname sighs as he hands it over. "Here, don't break it." He warns.

"Yay! I'm gonna look at them with Juli." Wataru shouts, grabbing the animal by the scruff of his neck.

"I have to say, only a girl would be so thoughtful. Without mom around, it doesn't occur to anyone to take pictures of a siblings entrance ceremony." Kaname settles back into the sofa,

"Fae brought me the camera so I always keep it on me, she told me 'Photos are precious memories we can look back on, forever to hold, forever to keep'." Ema smiles gently up to Fae. Fae widens her eyes, in shock for a moment before she laughs.

"I said that to you when you were eight." she grins before she jogs her memory. "I was thinking of printing them out and giving them to everyone from the wedding to the cherry blossom picnic photos." Fae explains herself, looking to see if the brothers would be interested.

"Oh, well in that case, shall we put them up in this room?" Masaomi asks. Fae stares at him, brow furrowed.

"Are we allowed?" Fae asks sceptically.