Chapter 16

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."  
-Marilyn Monroe 

***

It was only two weeks until the prom and I still don't have any gown. After the lessons Violeta, Yuki and I went to the cafeteria. We were going to help each other to find the perfect gown.

I sat in the cafeteria with Yuki and Violeta. "Okay so guys I like this gown." Violeta showed a picture of a gown made by Giorgio Armani. 

"It's beautiful, you should order it." Yuki said. "Do you have a gown Luna?" She asked.

I shook my head and said "I am still looking for a gown." 

They both looked at me. "You have only two weeks left!" They said in a choir.

"That's not a problem I-" Then something cut me off. Lucas stormed furiously in to the cafeteria.

He went towards us. "Can I talk with Luna?" He asked and both of my friends nodded. I stood up and followed Lucas. We went to a small room with only a table and four chairs. I sat down on one of the chairs. 

"So what do you want?" I asked him and then he threw a newspaper on the table. I looked at the headline "Young Hill has a new girlfriend." I whispered to myself.

"I thought you were different, I thought you were better." He said with a sad voice.

"I could say the same about you." I begun to talk. "How could you not tell me about your orientation? I was just a cover for you, because you are coward. You are afraid to admit that you are a homo."

His eyes widened. "How do you know?" His voice shook.

"Matthew told me. I am sure that you'll ask if I'm angry. I am angry, but I'll forgive you. I understand that you're afraid of what the others will say about you, but you need to care about the others opinion." I said. 

He hugged me and said "I should tell you from the beginning. I am so sorry. Luna thank you for your forgiveness." He said.

"I know that you're afraid of your father. Maybe you should try to talk to him, explain to him your situation." I said.

"Yeah maybe. But I know he won't accept it. Think about the headlines in the news The Heir of the Lee Oil Company is homosexual." He said and laughed. "It's impossible."

"Nothing is impossible, Lucas. I know you'll find a way." I said and hugged him. We stopped hugging each other and the he begun to speak.

"You should be careful with Matthew. He is not someone you can trust, remember."

I nodded and then we exited together the room. Lucas told me that he needed to go to the math classes, and I needed to go to the choir room. We needed to practice songs to the choir competition. 

The choir meeting begun. Mrs Andante begun to talk about the theme of the competition which is Love. "Okay guys I thought we should make a ballet and singing duet with Matthew and Luna. Could you find a perfect song for it?" We both nodded. "Then go and get to work." Matthew and I exited the class and found a quiet and peaceful classroom.

"I think we should take treat you better." I said.

"Okay, and I think we should take water under the bridge." He said. "You know, we could try to do some mash up."

"Yes, it's a good idea." I admitted. "Why are you so nice to me?"

"I don't know when the death comes for me. I want to do something nice, make someone's life like a heaven. I wasn't quite nice to you in the beginning, I wanted to apologize to you for that." Oh my god, so sweet. Maybe he isn't evil.

"I accept your apologies." I answered him.

"I wondered, just only if you want. Do you want to be my date on the prom?" He really asked me that question. Luna what is going on with you? I think I kind of like him. Luna you are so stupid you should answer him.

"Yes of course." I answered and smiled. "We could maybe sing Chasing Pavements on the prom. It would be a good training before the competition." He nodded.

After we finished the choir meeting I was heading to my dorm. Of course I couldn't go right to the dorm because I needed to be stopped by no one else than Alba. "Hello my dear Luna." She said it with her arrogant voice. Then she took out the newspaper with the headline about me and Matthew.

"Look at you two." She made her devilish smile. "Luna you don't fit into his world. He is a rich kid, you're a normal kid. Or in our world poor kid. Do you want people to call you a gold digger?"

"Go away Alba." I lightly pushed her and went forward but the her annoying friends grabbed my arms. "Let me go!"

"Luna you're not going to talk to me like that." She said and the slapped me. "You have taken from me so much, and you barely have a talent." She was going to hit me again but then something caught her arm.

"Let her go, Alba. You don't want any problems. Especially with me." It was Matthew, he defended me. The girls let my arms free and I jumped into Matthew's arms.

A/N
Matthew is really in love with Luna. Luna isn't angry at Lucas at all, but she have forgotten about something. She haven't still told Yuki and Viola about Matt and she knows that something is between him and Yuki.
Thank you for reading this chapter. Vote and comment!

Song of the chapter:
Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes