Chapter 13

"Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them."
-Stacy London

***

Lucas Lee

My beautiful Ava was going to perform in a musical tonight. The musical was directed by Madame Bellerose. Oh and my sister Rachel wrote a script to it. This musical was about love. Ava played the lead female role and Matthew Hill was going to play the male lead role. I hated that guy, I always hated him. That selfish jerk. I'm sure you will ask why I didn't go to the audition. I didn't go there because I can't sing and dance. 

I was sitting in the cafeteria waiting for my girlfriend. I looked at my watch. "She should be here." I whispered to myself, but then I saw her running towards me.

"Hi, I'm so sorry that you needed to wait for me." She said and kissed me. The she sat slowly sat down on a chair. "I just needed to try the costumes for the last time before the tonight's premiere." 

"Oh yes, I understand." I answered. "So how is it going with that musical?" I asked her and she looked at me. She was hiding something. I felt it, I could see it.

"Ehm very good, you must congratulate your sister. She wrote a genius script." Ava complimented my sister. She never did it. They were frenemies. You know one day they are very good friends and next day they hate each other. I knew that Ava would never say a good word about Rachel. Rachel would also not say something nice to Ava.

"Why are you nice to Rachel? Is everything okay?" I asked. I was so concerned about her.

"Of course I'm fine, silly." She said and the looked deep in my eyes. I did it to, and I could say one thing. Ava was definitely hiding something dirty.

"Okay, I must go to my economy classes and then I need to prepare the graduation ceremony." I lied to her. In real I was going to drive to my apartment in London to check something. 

"Okay, but I thought that you don't have any classes today." She said.

"Yes but, the teacher wanted to see me. She wanted to talk about my grades." I said and stood up from my chair and called my driver to drive me to the apartment.

***

Later that day, I went to the premiere of the musical. I went in to the crowded auditorium. I must say that it was many people on just a school musical. I sat down on the first row. I wanted to see as much as I could see.

Madame Bellerose sat down beside me. "Your sister will be a good scriptwriter." She said.

"Yeah maybe, I haven't really known until now that she's interested in writing scripts." I replied.

The lights turned off  and show begun. I watched every move Matthew did. He also was acting weird lately. He was thinking about something deep inside him. It was something secretly, something mysterious.

It was the end of the musical. I must admit my sister and Ava did great work. The actors were singing the final song. After the song finished Ava and Matthew stared at each other. Their faces were dangerously near. It needed to happen, they needed to kiss. It wasn't a normal kiss it was a kiss full of love.

From the rage inside me I stood up and went outside the auditorium. I heard that someone screamed my name. It was Rachel. "What the hell was that!" I shouted at her. "Why is your boyfriend kissing my girlfriend? Was that kiss written in your stupid script?"

She had tears in her eyes too. She was hurt by Matthew. When I saw her eyes, I knew immediately that the kiss scene wasn't written in the script. "Lucas please don't shout at me, I am hurt such as you."

I couldn't look at my crying sister. Matthew needed to be punished. I knew he was a jerk, but I knew suspected him to betray my little sister. "I need to do something. Where are the wardrobes to actors?" I asked Rachel and she just pointed at a door.

I walked fast forward to the door. I didn't care if someone changed inside there. I just opened the door. And there I saw something I wished I never would see. Matthew and Ava were kissing again.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?!" I shouted at them

"What the hell is wrong with you two?!" I shouted at them. Both of them turned their look at me.

"Lucas I'm so sorry." She said only sorry. She said only sorry! I felt like burning flame right now. My heath level got so high that I needed to do this. My hands became two burning fists. I couldn't control them. They punched Matthew right in his awful face.

Ava just fell on her knees and begun to check if Matthew was alright. "This is for hurting my sister you jerk." I said and just exited their wardrobe. I heard that Ava shouted to get some help, but I wouldn't help him or her.

I hated them, both of them. Especially Matthew. He didn't just hurt me, he hurt a person I would die for, my sister. I never liked him, I always thought he would dump her. It's so typical for men like Matthew to get a naive girl like Rachel and the dump her.

I heard and saw ambulances in front of the entrance to the school. Did I hit him that hard? I don't think so. It's typical for Ava to be over dramatic. Lucas you need to forget Ava, she isn't yours anymore. Get over it, she dumped you.

I went inside my car and just drove away. I my mirror I saw doctors who led Matthew to the ambulance. He deserved it, after everything he has done to me and my family. He freaking deserved it!

A/N
Hmmmm. So we got to know a little bit about Lucas' past. He had a girlfriend called Ava. Oh and Rachel was together with Matthew. Do you think that Lucas hates Matthew for dumping his little sister?

Song of the chapter:
Attention by Charlie Puth