Chapter 6

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
- Desmond Tutu

***

Today was the first choir meeting. Violeta also joined the choir, so now we could join the school choir competition. The leader of the choir was a young teacher from France. Her name was Madalene Auguste. She was one of the nicest teachers I have ever met. She would always defend her students. She was a ballet teacher, but then she quarreled with Alba. I heard gossips that Alba's parents paid school for firing Mrs Auguste from being a ballet teacher. I don't know if those gossips are true or not, but I know that something happened between her and Alba.

"Okay students today we have to new members, please welcome Luna Jones and Violeta Alvarez." Everyone begun to clap when she said our names. I think that it's how they greet new people.

"As you may know your friend and choir-mate Matthew Hill has cancer and is in the hospital. Today we're going to sing for him and we're going to record a music video. Any song ideas?" She asked. 

Everyone begun to look at each other and the Violeta raised her hand. "Violeta." Auguste pointed at her. "Rehab by Amy Winehouse." Everyone stared at her. Why this song? Maybe Matthew has a son

"It is Matthew's favorite song. He would like our cover." Violeta tried to convince us. Madalene begun to nod slowly. "Okay guys prepare this song." She ordered and we begun to talk about the song.

"Do we have some dancers here? After Matthew left we don't have any choreographer." A boy said. I guess his name was Jacob. I looked at Violeta and she looked at me.

"We have two dancers, one hip hop and one ballet." Yuki said and pointed at two of us. 

We begun to make a mash up of hip hop and ballet dance. It would look awesome in the video. The video was going to be in black and white.The other choir members was going to make costumes and planning the song.

After two hours of working we finished the video and we showed it to Mrs Auguste

After two hours of working we finished the video and we showed it to Mrs Auguste. "So beautiful, I'm proud of you. I'll give this video to you Yuki, I know you're near Matthew." She just nodded and took the USB. 

The we finished lesson and we went to the social room. "So when are you going to the hospital?" Viola asked.

"Weekend, Matthew isn't in England. He's in France with family." She said and Viola and I just nodded.

***

After the lessons ended I went to my room. I hoped that I meet no one on my way there. The life wanted something different for me I guess. Alba and her friends stood in the hall where I lived. "Oh here you are." She said.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms.

"I'm going to end you like the others, you're life is going to be hell." She threat me.

"Don't threat me but do something and then threat people. You know what Blanca, I'm not afraid of you." I said and went forward to my room. I could feel that they turned around and that they glared at me.

I went inside the room and changed my uniform into my regular clothes. Then someone knocked on the door. "If it's Mrs Alba Blanca I'll not open." I shouted but the person still knocked on my door. I looked in the window and saw Lucas standing right in front of my door.

I opened the door "Hi Lucas, what's going on? Where are my manners come in." Lucas went in and sat down on my white couch.

"No it's just I'm worried about Yuki, you know that Matthew thing. He said. "I just don't want Yuki to get hurt again."

"What actually happened with them?" I asked.

"I can't tell you, Yuki must tell you by herself, she needs to open herself." Lucas said while holding his head "Love is blind."

"How is Rachel and Daniel?" I asked.

"Don't talk about that jerk Daniel. He broke up with her. I still can't believe he was my best friend. He also betrayed Matt. He got along with his enemy. You know many people liked Matthew." Lucas talked about him as he was a kind of hero.

"I heard he danced ballet. His parents hates him for it, they wants him to be leader of Hill Co." Lucas looked at me. "They tried to blackmail their own son, and I did nothing to help him. The only person who helped was Yuki. She always cared about him. Oh no I'm talking to much."

"Okay, so you, Daniel, Viola, Matthew and Yuki were a squad?" I asked.

"It wasn't only us, my sister was also in the squad, Matthew's older brother and two more persons and I don't want to talk about them." Lucas just cut to many themes. Those themes were forbidden. Therefore, he didn't talk about them. He was scared to talk about them.

"Okay I understand." I said. "Did you come here just to tell about them?" 

"Yes and no, I also wanted to tell you that I invite you to restaurant on Sunday." He just said it. My eyes widened, why invited he me to a restaurant? "I don't hear any no's so I think you'll come." I smiled and then he left my room.

Next day I had a dance day. Today we were supposed to dance whole day. Finally I didn't need to wear this horrible school uniform and I could go around school in my ballerina dress. I went to the dance studio where I saw my enemy, Alba. She was arguing with Mrs Auguste.

"Oh I thought you wasn't my teacher anymore. Madame Bellerose is our teacher." Alba said.

"To your information Mrs Blanca I'm here because Madame Bellerose has flu, and couldn't be here. I don't think you or the other students wanted to be sick." Madalene said and then looked at me.

Mrs Auguste was really good at dancing. She danced so lightly. Today we learned some new moves to our new choreography. We had a ballet competition going on with another Academy. I really don't remember the name of the Academy but I know it was from Spain. After the first lesson everyone went out. I was also supposed to do it but then Mrs Auguste stopped me.

"Close the door." She said and I did as she said.

"You have a great talent. I didn't know that you danced so well. You don't seem to be from rich kids." She said.

"Because I ain't, I'm here on a scholarship." I explained to he how I applied to the school.

"That's what I thought. You remind me of a student I had. I think that you think about the same person." Actually first person who came in my mind was firstly was Matthew. He was the only one who I knew that danced ballet and singed in the choir.

"Do you think about mister Matthew Hill?" I nodded. "You're right, you would be perfect together. You had the same interests, he also sung in the choir. He won the choir championships. He is a good student, I hope he wins the fight."

A/N

What do you think? Why is everyone talking about Matthew Hill? What did Lucas mean with his conversation with Luna? Has Alba something with it to do?

This chapter was a mix of everything and I hoped you liked it. Remember to vote and comment on this story! Oh and I also took the rehab from Glee to give you a example how the choir sounds :)

Song of the chapter
Rehab by Glee Cast (originally performed by Amy Winehouse)