Chapter 26

-Petra

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he said and I stopped. I looked down and felt him tense a little. I did not expect that. "Oh my God, Petra... I'm so sorry." he stammered and I shook my head, trying to calm him down. 

  "I mean... Jesse." I took his hands and for a moment, I felt something on his wrists. Like slash marks. I glanced up at him but he looked distraught. "Jesse, I would love to." I said and he took a breath. 

  "Thank you." he nodded and I rubbed the marks on his arms. His wrists. "Oh yeah... I wanted to know... why do you always wear your bandanna?" he asked and I leaned against him. 

  "Oh... that." I said and nodded. "You see... my mom died when I was six." I said and he took my hands instead.

  "Before she died, she gave it to me. And the last thing she said was to take care of my dad and..." I took a breath. "She said that she loved me a lot." I held my mother's hands before she died. After that, I wore the bandanna as a reminder. 

  I decided to ask Jesse a question too. "So why do you have..." I gestured to the scars on his wrists. "Oh..." he said and he closed his eyes. "My mom... she treated me badly. I didn't know what to do." he said and I ran my fingers over it. 

  "Well. I'm with you now." I said and he smiled. "I'll take care of you." 

-End

So you guys know why Petra has that bandanna. :)

Asleep- The First Book in the Asleep SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara