Chapter 7

-Jesse

I cant believe that Petra saw me. How typical. Stupid Jesse. I tried not to frighten Reuben as I pounded my head against my wall. 

  Reuben took one look at me and hid under the bed. "Sorry." I whispered and tried not to wake my mother (who would probably come in and see my dead body if you get my meaning) 

  I finally fell on my bed and Reuben climbed on me. 

As Reuben slept, I thought about Petra... how could I not have noticed her in Bio? 

******************************

I woke up with the sunlight streaming into my face. I forgot to pull the blinds. I bit my lip and sat up. Reuben grumbled and I caught him before he hit the floor. 

  I touched my lip, tasting blood. What the-? Reuben took one look at it and whined, but even he knew that we had to keep quiet. 

  "It's just blood." I replied but he still complained. I carefully took out a piece of tissue and wiped my nose. I closed my eyes, trying to get the metallic taste of blood out of my mouth. 

  And I was late for school. Great. Reuben barked quietly as I fed him. "Shh. I gotta go." I told him and he stayed put, wagging his tail. 

  I cleaned up quickly and without hesitation, I climbed out of the window since that was usually the way I left the house. I hated using the main door since the woman who called herself my mother was in the living room.  I smiled to myself and closed my window. 

******************************

-Petra

I got off my bike and thankfully, my father had repaired it. Just as I got off, I heard my name being called. I pulled my jacket closer as Lukas and I stood in the freezing cold winter. 

  "Whoa what happened?" I aksked him and he shrugged. His face was bruised badly. 

  "Dad." he replied and I winced. At least he and I had something in common, both of us had single parents. 

  "Don't stay at Aiden's for too long." I said and he shrugged. Then I noticed Jesse trudging through the cold wind. Lukas saw but didn't acknowledge it. His cold blue eyes looking at me as I watched Jesse heading towards the school.  

  I quickly murmured a goodbye to Lukas and solemnly headed into the school as well. I had to ask him. 

-End

A/N 

Hey guys, you'll get double chapters today! :) yayy (although they're a bit short..