Chapter 13

-Jesse

I... I pushed open the door, still holding Petra's arm in my shaking one. There he was. Olivia had told me that Axel had protected her before they crashed. So her injures were small. But her eyes were glassy and damaged. 

  I remember the way Axel had found out about me. The headaches, my parents... my life. He was my best friend. Is.

  But Axel was larger than life. He was unstoppable. But why was he in a coma? I can't understand. I refused to. I winced when a flash of pain made me clench my fists.

  "Jesse?" I heard Petra asked, but I was- 

  I fell to the floor, my head spinning and thumping with memories. 

******************************

-Petra

 The girl (probably Olivia) cried out when Jesse fell. "Oh my god-" I said and Olivia stood up quickly and together, we brought Jesse to the sofa bed. 

    "Why is he like this?" I asked, my voice quavering. I tried to calm down. "I don't know." Olivia put her hands on her face, shaking. I sat in front of Jesse and I wondered if I was here for a reason.     

  PVRIS had a song. A song that reminded me of this moment. Empty. A mashup. Of Empty & Begin. PVRIS and Elliot Middleton.

  "Petra?" I heard Olivia ask and I saw her gesture to a doctor, who had come in to check on Axel. I realized what Olivia wanted. She wanted the doctor to check on Jesse.

    "Uh, Doctor..." I looked at the silver tag that was hanging from the doctor's neck. "Williams." The doctor interrupted and Olivia rolled her eyes. "Anyway, can you help me to check on my...friend, here. I think he has..." I faltered and Olivia bit her lip, still silent. 

  "A headache?" I continued dumbly and the doctor nodded, without question. "Okay,may I know your name? Are you a relative of the patient?" the doctor asked and gestured to Jesse. "Friend." I repeated and Doctor Williams nodded again.    

  "We'll try, alright?"The doctor said calmly and walked outside. I could feel myself floating... like I was about to faint. "Are you okay?" Olivia asked and I nodded, feeling tense.We can finally find out what's wrong with Jesse.     

-End