Chapter 21

-Petra

When we got to the park, Jesse set Reuben down on the grass and the dog immediately ran off, barking at flowers. I smiled and looked over at Jesse. The brown haired, green eyed boy. "So, tell me about yourself." I said and we sat down at a bench.

 Jesse nodded hesitantly and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I forgot a lot." He said plainly and I flinched at the solemnness of his voice. Just a little.     

  "Okay? See? We barely know each other." I said and he looked pained. "I'm sorry," he sighed and I watched as he turned to me and looked at me with those brilliant green eyes. "Then we should know each other better." I said and he nodded hesitantly. 

  Trust me, Jesse. I thought and smiled slowly. "Birthday?" I asked and he grinned, as if he knew I would ask.

"22 April 2001, obviously." I shrugged. It was already November now. A bit cold, but manageable. "30 July." I replied and Jesse nodded again. 

    "So...what now?" I asked and he perked up and whistled for Reuben.     

    "Where are you going?" I asked and he smiled mysteriously. "Just follow. And close your eyes," he instructed and I folded my arms, trying to look skeptical. 

  "Or else I'll do it for you." I remembered the feeling of his hand on mine as he took it gently, back on the bike. I wanted to hold his hand, but I didn't want to show him how much I wanted him. 

  So I covered my eyes. "Follow." He said from the darkness and Ilaughed, "How am I, when my hands are covering my eyes and I cant see?" I could imagine him blushing. "Oh right. Here." He pressed a hand on my arm and I shivered a little.

    Aftera while, we stopped and I felt my feet crunch against fallen leaves as wewalked. "Here." He tapped my hands and I uncovered them, willing to see. 

-End