Chapter 29

-Jesse

I clasped my shaking hands as I waited outside the ER. Petra. Petra. Petra.

  Olivia and everyone in school heard about it. Probably Aiden. But I felt no anger to Aiden. Nothing. 

  She was gone. The day she left my side, ever since, I felt empty. What was I going to say to Diesel? 

  I was lost. Lost and alone. 

Petra, please wake up, please be okay. 

*****************************

-Petra

All I can hear was music. How was that possible? I was walking in a place full of mist. White fog. 

  I squinted in the mist and tried to find my way out. I could hear Jesse. I could also feel pain in my side and my head. But I couldn't recall anything. 

  Help me, Jesse. What's Wrong with me? But I kept on walking. Jesse needs me. 

"Petra." someone said and I looked up. A woman with beautiful auburn hair held out a hand. "Mom?" I whispered and I remembered her calm green eyes. 

  "Mom- where am I?" I asked her but she smiled and took my hand. "Walk." she whispered and led me towards the mist and fog. 

  We came to a junction and a tree stood in the middle. A tree with golden leaves. And two paths. 

"Choose."she smiled and stood on the left path. I looked at the tree and realized that it was Jesse's tree house. I got it. 

  Choose my mom, or the tree house. I was standing in the crossroads. 

  Jesse, or my mom?

Jesse still needs me. I need him and I wasn't ready to leave my life behind. "I love you mom, but I have to save someone." I said quietly and she beamed, like she was expecting me to say that. 

  "Go forth, Petra." she nodded and stepped back into the mist. 

I smiled as a tear streaked down my cheek.

-End

@CometFall3X (Crossroads, Hecate) you know what I mean?

@SkyeWriters pls dont hate yourself.