Chapter 2

-Jesse-

I looked up when I saw a pair of feet walking towards me. A girl. She looked at me with her dark eyes, and for a moment, I saw the eye of a hurricane. Calm but deadly. I somehow heard all about this girl. She had the reputation of beating up people if they turned her down. 

  She had pale skin and auburn hair (a rarity in this school). She also wore a blue-green bandanna, a black vest and a dark blue shirt with black shorts. I looked at her black boots and thought, wow. She had a long, black sleeve on her left arm, a glove on her right hand. She looked.. amazingly pretty but I could tell that she could kick my butt if she had to. 

  "Uh.. hi." she said and looked at me. I pulled off my headphones and looked up at her. I could feel my face burning from embarrassment. "You're in my Bio class, right?" she asked and I nodded, trying to structure a sentence, which I was sure I could do earlier.

  "Um.. yeah.. but." I bit my lip, "What's your name, again?" I asked and her face fell. "Oh.. uh.. Petra?" she looked back at her group of friends behind her, who were laughing even though they could not hear us. 

  "Petra?" I asked, trying to recall. I had a headache, which was not good. I can not faint in front of a girl. 

  "Um.. Mrs Finn usually calls us by our last names." I said dumbly and her face cleared. "Oh.. no wonder. I'm Petra Jackson*." she said and held out a hand, which I shook. She smiled and I said, "I'm Jesse Jones." I told her and she nodded. "Okay, I have to go.." she started walking away but suddenly turned, "And.. besides, I just wanted to see if there was any homework.." she finished and I smiled, "There isn't." 

  She nodded again and walked towards her group of friends.

  I was so relaxed, I didn't jump when my phone rang. Axel.  I quickly picked up my phone and heard Axel's shout. "Sup, Jones." 

  "Axel." I replied and his girlfriend, Olivia Goodmann, told him to watch out for the streetlamps because Axel was driving way too fast. 

  "That girl, Petra just told me to invite you to Aiden's party for whatever reasons, I don't know." 

  "What? Axel. Don't talk and drive. It'll mess up your brain." I told him but all he did was laugh "Don't worry Jesse. Olivia is holding my phone." 

  "Uh huh." 

  "Meet us at The Lighthouse, fifteen." he instructed and he hung up. I sighed and started to make my way towards the Lighthouse. It was actually a street lamp which Axel had driven into last time. Olivia painted it red and white, like, you know, a lighthouse.  

  There, The Lighthouse. I stayed quite near to school so it was relatively easy to get to school and back without running into Aiden, who was a big bully. And bully was a significant word to describe Aiden, beside being the richest kid in the school. 

  I looked at the woods, debating if I should get Reuben, my dog..

  I didn't want to leave him with my mom..

  I spun around and started running home, through the woods and I had around ten minutes.. 

-End 

******************************

A/N 

Okay, hey guys, thanks for reading so far (and thanks for following, you know who you are) and if you want more chapters, I might be posting more soon! :) 

By the way, Petra (and Jesse) 's names were inspired by TeamJetra and thanks to her, I wouldn't have done this book and also, Kat, you give me inspiration to write everyday. 

Song above: "St. Patrick" by PVRIS (my fav band) also thanks to TeamJetra