Chapter 24

-Jesse

  I stroked the feather and looked down at Reuben, who was chewing on his tennis ball that Olivia gave him. "What should I do with this Reuben?" I asked him and he looked at me with his trusting black eyes. Then I watched as he shook himself and trotted over to a box that was on the floor.

I went over to it and he nudged the box with his nose. So I opened it to find... paint. "Paint?" I asked him and he looked at the feather in my hand. I broke into a smile. "Thanks, boy."

I got to work. I carefully painted the feather with different shades of blue and green. Each stroke reminding me of Petra's bandanna.

I wondered if there was actually a story behind it all. Her story. Everyone had a story... I threaded a golden chain through the hard part of the necklace and smiled. 

*******************************

-Petra

I put a hand on the door. The door where I had secrets. My brother. When he... died, I shut out everything. I braced myself and opened the door. 

  Everything was normal. Left as it was. I caught sight of the picture that sat on my brother's table. I smiled. It was a picture of my mom and my brother. I picked up the picture and sat on his bed. I had my mother's hair and my dad's eyes. My brother looked like my dad. 

  I sighed and closed my eyes. I could see him. I forgot his name. His name. How could I forget my own brother's name?

  My father and I never spoke his name. It took us ages to recover. I remembered the sleepless nights. 

-End

I have a new book soon :) 

Minecraft Story Mode Behind the Scenes (they're like, mind blowing stuff) :)