Chapter 4

-Petra

I stopped by the side of the road as my motorcycle sputtered to a stop. Damn it. That's why I wanted the money from Aiden... 

  I leaned against the exhausted bike and furiously turned on my phone. I hoped that Jesse would be there so that Aiden could see that I was trying. I looked down at my phone again, trying to send a text to my dad. I could feel the ground shake as a car passed by. Aiden was a rich kid, so this was the only road that led to his house.

  "Petra?" I heard a voice say and I looked up. Axel Roth was looking at me from the window. He and I were friends once but he fell out after an argument but still, now we're cool.

"Need a ride?" he asked and nodded to my bike which I was leaning against.

  "Well, yeah. This is the only way that goes to Aiden's." I said quickly and Axel nodded. "Come on then." He replied and I opened the door after I hid my bike in some bushes (I felt kinda foolish about that).

  When I opened the door, I stopped, looking at those familiar green eyes.. "Move over a little, Jones." I said and Jesse flushed red.

  A dog stared at me with solemn eyes and Jesse patted it. "This is Reuben." Jesse said nervously and I smirked.

  I had that effect on boys. I definitely had a reputation as 'The Girl Who Liked to Beat Up Guys if they Get Too Close.' I mean, being in Aiden's group increased that reputation. I looked over at the window and watched as the trees zoomed past.

******************************

-Jesse-

Petra looked out of the window. I could smell her shampoo. Lemons.. I smiled to myself and wondered if I should ask her about it. No. It would seem kind of creepy if a person you just met asked you about your shampoo... hmm.

  You could actually feel the ground shake as we got nearer to Aiden's. Dang, he was rich. As Axel pulled into the driveway, I felt dizzy. Olivia looked at me as I got out. "You okay?" she asked and I nodded. I looked at the time. 11:10pm. "The music." Olivia complained. 

I nervously looked over at Petra, who seemed relaxed as she gazed at the house. 

  When I saw the crowd of people, I immediately backed away. "Uh no." I said to Reuben as he wandered away. Axel and Olivia had disappeared. Petra too.

Then I froze when I saw Reuben snatched away. "Reuben!" I watched as a boy tossed my dog to a girl. "Nohr! Give him here!" another boy yelled happily as I frantically watched, helpless. The girl, Nohr grinned and threw Reuben.

    But a girl stepped in and caught Reuben, just as I reached towards him... Petra. 

-End