Chapter 20

-Petra

I decided to make pancakes. Pancakes, at 9 am. Because after last night, I couldn't sleep. My dad was alright with Jesse for staying over at least. 

   I decided to send Reuben upstairs to wake Jesse(mostly because Reuben was hovering around and whimpering for pancakes) but still, he seemed happy to help. Anyway,pancakes. I mean, who doesn't like pancakes? 

******************************

-Jesse    

    I woke up when something scratched at my door, or Petra's door, since this was her house. I opened it and Reuben pounced on me, excited. I smiled and patted him. "Hey boy." I said and he barked loudly. He gazed at me with his innocent eyes and wagged his tail.     

    "Shhh!"everyone was probably awake by now. "Jones! Pancakes!" I immediately smiled wider and went downstairs to see Petra... and her pancakes. Since I was starving.

    I dropped Reuben into a chair and fed him a pancake, which made Petra smile. "Morning."She greeted and leaned against the counter, and ate a cookie. A cookie? 

  "A cookie for breakfast?" I asked and ate my pancakes. "Oh, just a cookie. I ate like, pancakes." I grinned. "Obviously. To wash it all down, you have to eat a cookie." 

  She waved her cookie around and laughed. "You want to go out?" she asked and I looked up from the pancakes. "Don't we have to go to school?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "No, it's Saturday, you dope." No kidding.

"Okay...? But I do hang out with Axel-" I stopped and she smiled sadly. "I think we should go to the park. It will clear your mind." Petra confirmed and I inhaled. Maybe... 

  What I needed, was time alone with Petra. 

-End