Chapter 12

-Petra

"Sorry. I didn't mean to-" 

"Dakota." I replied, still looking at the ground. "What?" he asked and at the corner of my eye, he twisted his fingers nervously. 

  "My name. Petra Dakota Jackson." I said slowly. He looked like I said, 'ducks' or 'yoga'. Then he grinned. "Miss Petra Dakota Jackson." 

  I swatted him with my hand. "What's yours?" I asked and he shrugged nonchalantly. "Jesse Xavier Jones." I smirked. 

  We jumped when Jesse's phone rang loudly. Jesse laughed nervously and reached out to answer it. Then he froze, his hand over the words, Olivia. 

  "Pick it up." I instructed and he jerked. "He- hello?" he asked and I heard someone crying on the other end. 

  "Olivia- wait. What?" Jesse exclaimed, a totally different person than before. I waited nervously, even though I never heard of Olivia before. The name did ring a bell.

  "Axel's where?!" Jesse asked and he pursed his lips then mouthed, 'hospital'. 

  He hung up, his hands shaking. 

  "I've got a bike." Was all I said.

******************************

-Jesse

  My head hurts. I was shocked, shaken. Axel was in the hospital. Axel. Hospital. Olivia. The Lighthouse, the one that Axel crashed into. Why? 

******************************

-Petra

He was quiet. Shaking. We had left Reuben at my house, while we drove to the hospital. A small one. Near the woods. Everything was near in this town. 

  "Jesse?" I asked as we got off. But his eyes were dark green. He was still shaking. "Jesse, answer me." I urged and he shook his head. "Petra," the way he said my name. 

  "Axel's in a coma." his voice shook as we walked into the room, the doors swinging shut behind us. Oh god. 

  We made our way to the reception counter and a nurse (who looked bored and sour) grumbled as we made our way to Axel's room. 

******************************

I felt Jesse grab my arm as we stopped outside the room. I tensed but remained calm. I knew that he needed me but... how do I explain the way my heart was thumping, the way my head was spinning as he held my arm?

  I was falling in love with him. But I couldn't. Shouldn't.

  -End

Thank you for reading do far, thank you for following, this has changed me and given me a reason to live.