Chapter 42

*later that night*

Justin's POV:

She caught a ride with Tori. I really messed up ... I hate it when I mess up. 'Cause then it's hard to fix things. I drove back to Jamie's. I cleaned Ava's room her room fit in three large boxes, two medium/normal size boxes. I put them in my room under the bed. I found two other letters but I decided not to read them yet. Just two empty dressers. Ava told me to get a certain kind of curtains and comforter too. I put all of Ava's stuff in my room. Kept what I wanted. Than I cleaned out her room. I put plastic on and around the stuff Jamie wants to keep. I got the two paint colors. I started coloring it pink with Jamie's permission. Caleb joined me than we finished the whole room and let it dry for two hours. Than we came back and put some of the maroon on it. Than I let it dry for the rest of the night. I told Jamie I was gonna head to Tori's and Luke's. So I headed out.

When I got to Tori's apartment with Ava's dress, shoes and one purse. Also a letter literally to Tori. I knocked on her door and Tori answered, "What's going on Justin?" She asked letting me in. I gave her the letter from Ava. She read it and I waited than she looked up at me, "She wants me to keep the dress?" I nodded.

"You loved her in a sisterly way too," I tell Tori. She hugs me than Starla comes out, "What's going on?"

"Ava business," I tell her. She just nods, "Justin," she said. I look at her Tori already left. "Yes Star?"

"I'm sorry about how I acted earlier," She said. "It's okay. You were upset," I reply. She smiled, "Honestly a part of me kind of wants to... I don't know travel one last time before I have the baby."

"We should," I tell her. "Where would you want to go?"

"Vegas, Neveda. Or Los Angeles California, Rapid City, South Dakota just to see Mount Rushmore, or the Black Hills. We could go to Denver. Wherever you want to go. I'll plan And will go. I mean we're already 18 years old I don't see anything wrong with it." She hugs me. "That would be awesome! Thank you!" I hug her back. I loved it when she was happy. We looked at each than I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. She kissed back passionately. Than we slowly pulled apart. "I got to go Babe." She smiled. "Goodnight​ Jay."

"Goodnight Star," I say her cute nickname. Than she smiled. I lean in and kiss her for a good five seconds than leave. 

Once I go into my car I read the box with an engagement ring in it.

Dear Justin My Love,

I knew one day you would move on. So I got you an engagement ring. I know you should of got it. But I got it for that lucky person. The receipt is still good for another year for the size. I know one of the ladies that work for Kay. So I did that for you. I care about your future, Justin. Love ya,

~ Ava Rose Jenson.

Why was this hard on me? Knowing she was actually gone. I can't stay like this forever. I know I can't. I go to Luke's house.
-
-
-
When I got to Luke's he was already waiting outside for me. "Hey, man!" He said excitedly. "hey bro," than we did our bro hug and went inside.

"How are you and Starla?" He asks. "Awesome actually. How are you and Tiffany doing?"

"She's fine but uh... How's Ava?"

"Not good," I reply. "Why?"

"Jamie is adopting this girl named June Hath Sean, 15 years old. Turns 16 years old on August 26th. They wanted me to clean her room. Ava wasn't really happy about it. Ava thinks her own family is trying to replace her. In reality Jamie just wants another daughter," I explain to him.

"So uh... Why did you come over here?" He asked, "Usually when you come over here... You have to tell me something." Should I tell him that my girlfriend soon to be Fiancé is Pregnant with my baby? Or should I just let it be? I bite my bottom lip. "Yeah I do. I have something to tell you," I tell him.

"What's going on?" He asked. "Starla and I are having a baby."

"For real?" He asked, "After the whole Ava dying thing I really didn't think you would move on."

"I had to move on that's the problem. Ava still has a secret with her in the grave no one really knew about," I explain when I mean Ava and I's child that I had lost to to death. "Do you know this secret? It seems like it's bothering you," he said leaning in his seat more.

"Honestly dude, I really don't know. Ava was there with us in the kitchen but she was crying for the fact that it's been a year and they already want to replace her. Otherwise I don't know if I even know the secret myself," I explained again, he nodded his head.

"Your good at lying but .... not that damn good. I know you know what Ava kept secret to her grave... but do a few people know about it?" He questioned looking at me confused.

"Last year..." I think I might come out. "Last year.. uh .... Something happened between Ava and I.." I look down when I say it.
"Did you two get into a fight or...?"

"No... She left sick one day. So she pushed me away for a week..... Basically uh..... I had sex with her back in Los Angeles when I was with her," I finally choke out.

"Please don't tell me you forgot protection," He said. I look down he spoke, "You forgot it didn't you?" I nodded my head yes looking down. I just not to cry, "She died five weeks pregnant with my child."

"Justin, I ... I'm so sorry," he said. I get up, "It's whatever, done and over." I start walking with Luke following he grabs my arm, "Justin, do you know how serious this is? Brooklyn murdered her 'cause she was pregnant and you loved her so much?" I nodded my head yes. "Brooklyn got beat the shit out of her in prison, she isn't alive anymore either."

"How on Earth? You never told me this?" He asks. "I didn't tell my family or own friends either. Ava only told Raylin, Tori, and Jamie." He patted my back than I left.