Ahad gaze shifted from Kanwal to Shumaila and fixed back at Kanwal as he said on the phone, "I never thought you could be this stupid, tigress."

Ahad hung up and hand over the phone to Shumaila. She instantly took it and left the room in a rush.

"Ahad." Kanwal tried to protest but he didn't let her.

"Pack your stuff, we are going back right now."

~*~

"At least you find something you like." Ahad's voice startled Kanwal. She literally jumped and give him a glare, clenching her dupatta on the chest. Without giving much attention to her state, Ahad's walked towards her lazily. They arrived Shareefabad a few hours ago and on Kanwal's continues insist, Ahad take her to Moosa's house to meet Mahnoor but to their luck she was unconscious. After the moment Kanwa saw Mahnoor, she hasn't muttered a single word, Ahad also didn't force her since he was also going through an emotional turmoil.

"They aren't the part of our house, but I am glad that they can be seen here." He said gazing at the thousands of twinkling stars through the clear sky. Kanwal stared at the man stood beside her, wearing earth brown pyjama and a black T-shirt, as his eyes roamed around the sky above.

"I don't understand what you like about them so much?" He asked still looking at the stars.
Kanwal also held her face up to the sky and whispered unintentionally, "they are beautiful."

"Beautiful??? Stars are just... stars, what's so beautiful about them?" Ahad turned his face to Kanwal, who was still looking at the sky.

"They aren't ... just stars. They are signs, for those who want to understand. Understand that no matter how high they could go, there will always existence above them, superior to them. No matter how much authority and power people can possess, there is a being WHO will always be more authoritative than them." Kanwal said the last sentence looking at Ahad in a mocking manner.

"Never would've thought, you could give such lectures." Ahad scoffed, as he leaned against the wall of roof boundary.

"Never would've thought that you could be so cruel, that you let a girl's life destroy whom once you call sister."

Anger would've been an understatement what Kanwal felt, towards Ahad, towards Moosa and his men. She was trying to accept her fate, trying to fit in life in which she was forced to. But killing her best friend's husband is something she couldn't swallow.

She just came back from the main house, from Moosa's house. Leaving her unconscious friend on the mercy of strangers, at the mercy of criminals. She couldn't hate herself more than she is doing now. Every time she closed her eyes, Mahnoor's paled face flashes before her eyes. She had the dream about her friend get married, but never even in her nightmares, she thought that something like this would happen to her.

"We don't have much choice. Mahnoor's family left us with no other option. Moosa tried to approach the right way." Ahad said.

"Is that your reasoning to kill anyone?" She narrowed her eyes at him. "Who would kill anyone for this reason?" Kanwal asked expecting a negative answer, she knew that Ahad could never kill someone.

"I would. I would kill thousands of Kamil if what's it takes me to have you." Ahad said firmly, staring into Kanwal's eyes. His calm posture, make Kanwal shuddered in fear. She didn't say anything, just stare back in disbelief. Her state didn't go unnoticed by Ahad, as he sighed and come closer to her.

"Don't get me wrong." He said, caressing her face, "I would never let the things come to the point where I have to take such measures, as I will always get you before." He leaned closer, but Kanwal abruptly took a step back.