마흔여덟 (maheunyeodeol)

"I'm off first then, everyone. I have plans. Bye!" Wonwoo said.

"Bye!" Seungkwan and Mingyu called after him. Mingyu sighed and sat on the corner of Hansol's desk.

"Hansol-ah, are you done yet?" Mingyu asked in a bored voice. "Seungkwan and I are waiting on you."

"Hurry up already," Seungkwan whined. "We don't have all night."

"Hey, give me a second," Hansol hissed. He coughed awkwardly and turned to Jihoon. "Um, Jihoon-sunbae? I've finished all of my work. Can I go now?"

"Huh?" Jihoon stared at Hansol with empty eyes. "Sure."

"Is he okay?" Mingyu whispered to Seungkwan. Seungkwan shrugged his shoulders.

"He's been acting like this ever since lunch," Seungkwan muttered back before clearing his throat loudly. "Hey, Jihoon-hyung, do you wanna get some drinks with us?"

"Sorry, what'd you say?" Jihoon asked, blinking slowly.

"We're going drinking. Do you wanna join us?" Seungkwan repeated. "You seem a little...off."

"Oh. No, I'm fine, thanks," Jihoon responded. "You guys go have fun. I think I'm gonna work some more." The other three men frowned.

"Don't overwork yourself," Mingyu told Jihoon worriedly. Jihoon waved his hand dismissively.

"Alright, I won't. Go now. Have fun, you guys," Jihoon said.

"We're leaving then. Bye, Jihoon-hyung," Seungkwan replied, giving Jihoon one last concerned look as he left the room. Hansol and Mingyu waved at Jihoon before following the other man. Once Jihoon was sure that he was alone in the office, he finally let out a scream and pulled his hair.

"I'm going crazy," Jihoon muttered, groaning loudly as he covered his face with his hands. He sighed and picked up his phone to call Seokmin.

"Oh, hey, Jihoon-hyung! What's up?" Seokmin answered cheerfully.

"I'm not coming home tonight," Jihoon told Seokmin.

"Why not?" Seokmin asked. He paused. "Hey, don't tell me...are you hooking up with someone?!"

"That's not it," Jihoon denied, rolling his eyes. "I have some work I wanted to catch up on. I'll be sleeping in the overnight room. I just wanted to let you know."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then. Don't forget to eat dinner!" Seokmin said.

"Mm," Jihoon responded. "I'm hanging up. Bye."

"Good night!"

"What time is it," Jihoon mumbled to himself quietly as he rubbed his eyes.

Jihoon checked the clock on the wall and sighed. It was almost half past 9. He still needed to have dinner. He stood up from his seat and stretched tiredly. Jihoon took his jacket off of the back of his seat and shrugged it on. He grabbed his wallet and his work lanyard and pushed his chair into his desk. Jihoon looked around the empty room one more time before leaving the room and walking to the atrium.

Jihoon hummed quietly to himself and twirled his lanyard around his fingers. He had calmed down and almost completely forgotten about what had happened earlier in the day. Once he entered the atrium, however, he froze, eyes wide with worry as he stared at the source of his anxiety. Jihoon hid his face and turned to go back to his office, but it was too late. He had been spotted.

"Jihoon-ah!" Soonyoung called. He smiled brightly and waved at Jihoon. Jihoon winced as Soonyoung started jogging over to him. So much for avoiding the idol.

A/N: lmao i bet that y'all aren't even surprised by my late updates anymore. sorry guys D: i'll try my best to update on thursday nights but it may be a bit more difficult now since i have sat class from 7-9 and i get home at like 9:30 so yeah i'm usually kinda tired when i have to write the chapter. i'll try harder to update on time. anyways i hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter! please tell me what you thought of it in the comments!

linked song is "365 fresh" by triple h bc favs! it's such a good song! also lmao i loved their random play dance on weekly idol (let's be honest i love that segment regardless of who does it but still hyuna arguing with doni made my day that was hilarious). anyways as always thank y'all sm for the support! it means a lot to me :) ily guys! have an amazing rest of your day! tysm! bye! <3