서른일곱 (seoreunilgop)

"Hey, Minghao, wanna go out for lunch? My treat," Soonyoung offered. Minghao shook his head.

"I'm working on the choreo for someone's song. I'll eat later," Minghao replied.

"Alright. Don't overwork yourself though, okay?" Soonyoung told the younger boy, frowning worriedly. Minghao nodded and turned back to the mirrors. Soonyoung sighed and left the room, looking around for another person to eat with. His eyes landed on a tall, black-haired man and lit up.

"Jun!" Soonyoung called, walking up to the other boy. "You haven't eaten lunch, right?"

"Not yet, why?" Jun responded.

"Eat lunch with me! It's my treat. I don't wanna be lonely when I'm eating." Soonyoung pouted.

"Hmm...can I invite two friends? I was just about to meet them for lunch," Jun said. Soonyoung nodded.

"Sure! The more, the merrier!" Soonyoung smiled. "Where are we eating?"

"Well, I was going to meet them at that pasta place near the broadcasting station..."

"Pasta it is!" Soonyoung wrapped an arm around Jun's shoulders. "Let's go!"

"What do your friends look like?" Soonyoung asked as the two of them entered the pasta place. "I'll look for them."

"No need, I've already found them," Jun replied, staring at a table where three men were seated. "Wonwoo! Jihoon! Hey!" Soonyoung's eyes bulged, and he turned to exit the restaurant before Jihoon noticed him, but Jun grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the table.

"Hello, Jun, Soonyoung," Wonwoo greeted the two of them, smiling softly. Soonyoung smiled back awkwardly.

"What's the giant puppy doing here?" Jun questioned, jabbing a finger towards Mingyu as he wrapped his arm around the back of Wonwoo's chair. Mingyu scowled at Jun.

"He kept begging to come with us, so we just decided to let him. It was getting pretty annoying," Jihoon answered. "What about you, Soonyoung? I didn't know you were coming."

"I didn't want to eat alone. I didn't know that you'd be here though. Sorry for the intrusion," Soonyoung apologized. "I can still leave, if you'd like."

"Why would we want you to leave? Sit down already," Jihoon told Soonyoung firmly, and Soonyoung hesitantly sat in the empty seat next to Jihoon.

"Thanks," Soonyoung mumbled. He picked up a menu and hid his face behind it, pretending to look at the different choices.

"So, when did the three of you become such close friends?" Soonyoung asked, voice muffled from behind his menu. Jihoon placed a hand on the top of Soonyoung's menu and attempted to push it down. Soonyoung panicked and pushed back strongly, causing the menu to tremble as both men attempted to move it.

"What are you doing?" Jihoon questioned, giving Soonyoung a weirded out stare.

"I don't have makeup on. What if someone recognizes me?" Soonyoung hissed, and, well, even if that was only half of the truth, Jihoon didn't need to know.

"Seriously?" Jihoon gave him an incredulous look and sighed. He rummaged through his backpack and pulled out a baseball cap and a face mask. He held them out to Soonyoung. "Fine. Here."

"W-What?" Soonyoung blinked in confusion and lowered the menu.

"Put them on. People won't recognize you," Jihoon said.

"Aren't those yours though? Are you okay with me wearing them?" Soonyoung asked.

"You don't have lice or anything, right? And you aren't sick?" Jihoon checked. Soonyoung shook his head. "I don't care then. Just make sure to return them to me."

"A-Alright. Thanks then." Soonyoung gingerly took the hat and mask from Jihoon's hands and put them on, wearing the mask first to conceal his red cheeks.

A/N: i suppose this was decent enough? i hope? idk. you tell me! how was it? sorry it was late but i genuinely have an excuse this time! my friend and i had to bake and decorate a cake for ap world history as extra credit on the final (it's AP WORLD HISTORY no way were we going to pass up the opportunity for extra credit) and it took WAY longer than expected! then by the time i got back home it was 8:00, and then i had to practice piano (which took 45 minutes). i realized how late it was and skipped dinner bc i wanted to post the update on time but eventually i just got too tired to finish it like honestly i felt braindead so i just stopped writing there.

so that's my explanation for why this update was late. sorry again guys. also like i mentioned in my author's note i may not update for the next two weeks. we're having a french exchange student at our house so i'll probably have to hang out w her and be social for once you feel? we're going to do stuff with her so she doesn't have a boring time here. so yeah there's that sorry about that too :( y'all probably don't mind that much tho lmao.

anyways linked song is "미유미유 (Meow Meow)" by CLC bc favs i love my girls so much. that's it for this update! as always i hope that you've had an amazing day and tysm for the support! it truly means so much to me. i can't believe that this story has over 7k reads and almost 1k votes! that's amazing tbh so tysm again! ily guys! see y'all next week! have a great rest of your day! bye!