The Hardest Part Of Living- Chapter 2

"Rise and shine sleepy heads! We have some people who are looking to adopt! Get ready, go through the usual routine!" I opened my eyes gritting my teeth. Fucking Mrs Smallbery. That bitch woke me up everyday. Her voice was irritating and high pitched. I could honestly kill her, mind you I could probably kill anyone in this dump. I turned over in bed and faced my blank pink wall, pink. Fucking. Pink. They stereotype everyone thinking that the girls will love the colour pink! And boys blue. Well think again! I'd prefer blue. I'd sure as hell love black. No emotion to it is there? Just black, I could draw on it whatever I wanted to.

"Oi! Emo bitch, we're waiting for you" I saw Sam at the door and flipped her the finger, she didn't like being called Samantha so changed it to Sam. If you want to know some things about her then she's a pathetic bitch with no life. Yep, that about sums it up.

"I'll be down in a minute" I mumbled sitting up and she smirked walking down. She'd do anything to bring my mood down. I got up slowly and grabbed some clothes, a crappy black hoody and some red skinny jeans will do. I'm surprised I got my red skinny jeans actually, I did do a sad puppy dog act which did the trick probably. I quickly ruffled my hair in place and walked down. The care workers did try and wake me up early but I either threatened them or slept through their complaining. I saw everyone stand in a line and I chuckled. Really? I sat in the corner making the care worker shoot me a look, I ignored and played with my fingers. It was the only thing that amused me when we had 'Soon to be parents' really.

"Right, everyone on their best behaviour please! Vicky...Please don't scare them off again" The care worker begged and I smirked. I normally scared people by showing them my scars and acting crazy. I normally go and whisper to them 'The voices are telling me to kill you..' and soon after they run out which made everyone hate me more. 

The door opened and I sighed, everyone would try and get the first look at the 'Parents' but me, I just sat twiddling with my thumbs quietly. I heard everyone gasp and curiosity got the better of me, My head raised a little and I looked forwards to see two guys holding hands. They both had black hair, well ones were dark brown and he had tattoo's on his neck, arms and probably everywhere. The other guy had sunglasses on smiling, he was dressed casually. The short tattoo'd guy pecked his cheek and my jaw dropped. They're gay? I looked around at everyone and their reaction was the same. 

"Ah Mr and...Mr Way" The care worker whispered greeting them and I smirked. Mr and Mr, haha. "I'm glad you could join us today, everyone is lined up in front of you. We have some files if you need to see them and you can just go and ask around" He smiled but I knew she felt awkward. We've never had a gay couple in here before. Well, this should be fun.

"Thank you...Mrs Smallbery?" The guy with the sunglasses smiled at her and she returned a smile, walking off. They scanned the room looking at everyone quickly and I could hear some snark comments. Well what do they expect? Us begging them to adopt us? I'd rather stay here. I will stay here. They walked closer to us all and I couldn't help but giggle.

"My names Frank...This is Gerard and yeah, we are gay" He smiled proudly and I scoffed, it's not something to be proud of really. It's a fucking disgrace. I shook my head pulling a face which caught their eye. They walked over slowly and watched me. 

"Is something wrong with that?" Gerard asked and I looked up at them.

"Yeah. It's wrong and sick" I spat out making Frank raise an eyebrow.

"How so?" He asked tilting his head a little and I choked.

"Boys can't love boys. It's wrong. You stupid faggots" I mumbled and heard Gerard grunt. Frank placed a hand on his chest and smiled.

"We're in love. Call us what you want because we don't care. Hun, Homophobia's gay so keep it coming if you must" He smiled and I felt defeated. "What's your name anyway?" He smiled sitting down in front of me. Gerard just smiled and sat next to him holding his hand. 

"Vicky" I whispered looking down, now I felt shitty. Homophobia's gay? Really!? "You're not adopting me"

"And why not?" Gerard asked "We'll be good parents, Just like a 'Normal' couple would be. Hell we'll be better!" He smiled and Frank blushed a little. It was kind of cute. What the fuck was I doing.

"No thanks" I smiled and looked away. "I'm sure a perfect couple like you two want a perfect child" I rolled my eyes and Frank chuckled.

"We're just as fucked up as everyone else. No ones alone in this world" He whispered and my heart sunk in my chest. Yeah I was pretty fucked up. Still, I just want a normal couple if anything. I didn't really wanna leave this place. It was a place where I was free to be mean, free to be me.