"So Daniel, I talked to Lily today. She has been looking for you," Chad said in a teasing tone.

"Well stay away from her the next time you see her. She is crazy, like Jeffrey Dahmer level crazy. She almost spoiled my car the other day." Daniel shook his head, a smirk tugging on his lips.

They were talking about the girl who was banging her shoe against Daniel's car on Friday.

It seemed like such a long time since that happened when actually it had been just 5 days.

"Recalling the conversation, she did actually mention something along the lines of chopping something off if you don't call her. So what's the deal with her?" Chad asked, chuckling.

"The usual. Just a random hookup at a party and now she thinks that I betrayed her after she caught me with another girl. When I told her that there was nothing between us in the first place, she went all crazy and has become my stalker." He smirked arrogantly. "It’s like some girls don't know the term 'self-respect'. No matter how much you push them away, they just don't seem to get the freaking clue."

I got a strong feeling that the last part was meant more for me than it was for Lily. My thought was validated when Daniel's eyes flickered towards me for a tiny fraction of second while talking.

"Is that why you left the party early on Friday? I think she asked me about you there but I was way too wasted to answer. I think I can still feel the hangover," Mike said with his mouth full of the sandwich that he was eating.

The smirk which was on Daniel's face dropped in a flash and his eyes travelled to mine, a fear evident in them.

Was he afraid that I was going to tell everyone about the incident at the bridge? What kind of person did he think I was?

I frowned.

His composure told me that he had relaxed a bit realizing that I had no intention of saying anything about Friday night.

"Yeah, that’s why I left." All the arrogance and playfulness that was there in his voice earlier was now gone.

"Alright, enough with the Lily talk," Shay broke in, finally coming out of her and Liam's bubble. "Daniel, will you be coming with us to my parent's cabin this weekend?"

Shay's parents had this wooden cabin in the woods which was around a drive of 2 hours from the town which in fact was too large to be called a cabin. It was a freaking house in itself. Every year, Shay's parents allowed her to invite her friends to the cabin for a single weekend. I had been there 2 times already but Daniel never came with us and given the circumstances, I highly doubted that he was going to accompany us this time.

"I can't. I have this huge Physics assignment due on Monday," Daniel replied with feigned disappointment.

I mentally chuckled at his excuse which was almost similar to mine which I had given to Sebastian a few minutes ago. I knew he wasn't going because of me but if he thought that he was going to get away so easily then he was completely wrong.

"I can help you with that," I offered Daniel flashing him the sweetest smile that I could conjure.

Everyone's eyes shot up to me, surprised and Sebastian whispered keeping his head low, "What are you doing?"

With a movement of my hand, I mouthed him, "later" and shifted my gaze back to Daniel. If I say that I wasn't amused seeing the reaction that I had provoked from him, then it would be a enormous lie because I was. He obviously wasn't expecting this. He gritted his teeth together subtly to control his frustration.

"Great! Now you can come with us," Shay chirped with excitement. "Also, it's our last year of high school so no more excuses."

"I guess I will be coming with you then," Daniel remarked with a tight smile, his dark blue eyes never leaving me. I smiled back at him, victoriously.