Chapter 54//"Wow, I'm not third wheeling between the pair of you"

Chapter 54// "Wow, I'm not third wheeling between the pair of you"

"Oh it's perfect" Tiffany claps as she looks at me as I wore the bridesmaid dress; they still had to made slight adjustments to the waist. Other than that it was somewhat perfect.

"Isn't it a bit long?" I ask swishing the gorgeous dress around.

"Oh course it has to be you're my 6th smallest bridesmaid so you'll need some decent heels. You all have the be the perfect height"

Oh great I'm so excited to break my neck.

Tiffany was surprisingly funny and kind when I was spending time alone with her. But there was one thing that was a bit intimidating about her. She wanted everything to be perfect, like the exact way she wanted it.

No surprise really that Elliott would have liked her the day he met her.

I change out the dress and pull on my jeans, I couldn't believe the wedding was so close and I wasn't going to lie but I was seriously excited. It just seemed like everything was going to be perfect for Tiffany and Jack. And I was so hapy for them.

She holds the door open for me as we both exit the store, she insisted on taking me out for lunch, and what kind of person would I be if I refused to eat freed food?

We both get in to her car, she told me it was a present Jack had given her the day he proposed.Jack Grayson, setting the bar high since 2017.

"So what's the gossip going on between Elliott and you? Also what happened at lunch yesterday? That was so awkward" She asks as I put on my seatbelt. Safety-first kids.

"Well Abbi isn't, actually my mom and she took on the role as our guardian when my mom passed away. I don't really know why her and dad don't get along' I tell Tiffany honestly. It just seemed like they hated each other by default. Like that was the way it was supposed to be.

"So why did you choose me to be a bridesmaid" I ask trying to avoid the topic of her future brother-in-law

"I needed 14 bridesmaids and I only had 13. Jake offered you, well actually Elliott did. And I was like you are perfect. And anyway one day you are going to be my sister-in-law-in law, if you get me"

I choke on my spit.

"Sister-in-what?" I repeat.

"So now explain what's the deal with you and my soon to be brother-in-law" I look up at her as she steers the car.

"There is nothing between us, not anymore" I respond trying to breathe properly.

"Oh please if you two were a married couple to other people it would seem like the pair of you were having an affair"

"I'm with Conner, Elliott is just friends"

"In all honesty you and Elliott look at each other a little too long to just be friends. Have you seen the way his face lights up when you enter the room? And what do you mean by not anymore, I heard you two were a couple. What happened? "

I keep silent, it's your fault I think inside my head even though it really wasn't. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Why did Elliott run away from Los Angeles to New York?

"Do you really want know?" I ask her sadly.

She nods concentration on the road.

"Around a year ago Elliott told me a story where him an a guy names Carter met you"

She pips up "Yes I remember, Carter was the one with this nice eyes. I was dating Elliott's brother at the time. Elliott didn't know who I was but of course he had those Grayson eyes and that smirk like Jack" She says dreamily as she thinks of Jack.