18

Chapter Eighteen || Riley's P.O.V

I was still pissed at Harry, more than I have been at anyone in a long time... except when dad and I had our fight which we still aren't talking because of. So far, anything that was said to one about was very basic, only saying what really needed to be said.

It had been five days since we have spoken, Harry and I. Although I was still really upset about what happened and the way Harry treated me, I was still a little devastated that he had not tried to talk to me. Not even one text.

It had started a battle within myself, one that was eating me alive every second that I let myself think about it. I wanted Harry to contact me, yet I was still so angry with him that even the thought of seeing his name on my screen would put me in a bad mood. It was doing my head in to say the least.

Today was Thursday and tomorrow night was Callum's and Tia's wedding. Originally I was going to ask Harry to go with me, but ultimately, I don't think that's an option anymore.

Sighing, I trudge through the doors into math, a class that both Harry and I had together. Not only had he been avoiding me, but he hasn't even come to school. Did I worry about what had happened? Of course. Only a few days ago I met his dad, and he was a very scary man, capable of many horrific things. Things that not even I myself could fathom, and i had some frightening stories from my father and his job.

Thoughts of Harry's dad doing something horrible to Harry crossed my mind, my heart thumping erratically in my chest. I need to know that he's alright, which followed the brilliant thought of texting Harry.

I take a deep breath, retrieving my phone from my pocket. C'mon Riley. What's the worst that could happen? He probably won't even reply...

Me:- Hey Harry. I know we're not talking and whatever but... are you ok? I haven't heard anything from you in a while and I'm worried.

I send the text before I have time to think, my body filling with anxiety. I read the text back to myself and cringe. I sound pathetic, like I have a need to know that he's always ok.

Me:- I'm sorry, I just... your dad seemed dangerous and I thought the worst.

Me:- Not that I think your dad is a bad guy

Me:- I'm just gonna stop because I keep making this worse.

Groaning inwardly, I place my head on my folded arms resting on my desk. I look so desperate and like such an idiot. Five minutes pass before I am made to start copying the notes from the board. As my hand scribbles down an equation for compound interest, my phone vibrates loudly on my wooden desk, the girl next to me looking over. What, bitch? So my phone vibrates, big deal. You just jealous ain't nobody talking to you.

Harry:- Thank you Riley but I'm fine.

Harry:- We really need to talk though.

The beats of my heart became so uneven reading the texts. Oh god, what was going to happen?

The class drifted by relatively quickly considering I was caught in my thoughts of talking to Harry. When the bell went, I packed my things away, my mind still focused on talking to Harry. Nerves and anxiety was being pumped through my veins and it wouldn't stop. I didn't want to go home now, I knew that's where Harry would be.

I stumble out of the doors with other students rubbing against me. It was kind of disgusting, not going to lie. As I walk out I spot Harry leaning against his black car, sunglasses residing on his nose while a cigarette was held in between his plump lips. His cheeks went hollow as he inhaled the toxins, pulling the cigarette away from his lips, puffing out a large, grey cloud of smoke. I cringed lightly as I walked toward him, surprised that he was here. Yet, I have a feeling that he was here for our 'talk'.