10

Chapter Ten || Riley's P.O.V

True to the principals word, Harry was suspended. He also got another hundred hours to work off, so I guess I will be spending more time than I already have been with him.

I was in my room, studying for chemistry munching on carrot sticks. I was playing my music as I read through my textbook, writing notes for my practise exam.

I sing along lightly to Someone New by Hozier, my pen marking my page. "Would things be easier if their was a right way? Honey there is no right way..." I sing while chewing.

"Hey," I hear from my open door making me jump in my spot. I swing around in my swivel chair to look at my door, hand firmly resting on my chest.

"Jeez, you scared me." I say as I look at Harry leaning against the frame of my door, legs crossed as well as his arms over his chest. "Why are you doing?" I ask dropping my pen.

"Nothing, just bored." He says and I bite my lip.

"Ok...?" I reply after a few seconds. "What do you want me to do about that?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Wanna go for a ride? To kill time?" He wonders and I furrow my brows.

"Where?"

"I'll surprise you." He smirks.

"Yeah, alright.." I trail off. I stand up and pull on my shoes, tying my hair up into a messy bun.

I grab my phone and follow Harry downstairs. He leads me out to his car. He brought his Range Rover today because something was wrong with his motorbike.

I get in the passenger side as Harry crawls into the driver's seat. He starts the car and starts driving.

We go out of town to nearby lake that Jen and I always go to. My eyes concentrate out the window at the scenery around us. The grass along the side of the road was all dead while all the trees in the back were all living, as healthy as they may could possibly ever be.

It honestly reminded me of life. All of the dead grass representing now, the reality that we are to be faced with even when if is as horrible and confronting while the trees represented what was to come in life. All our dreams, our futures living beyond us in the purest form possible, being a sight to look forward to.

"We're here." I head Harry's voice, drawing me away from my depressing thoughts. He gets out, walking toward the lake. He strips his shirt off, turning around to look at me.

"You wanna jump in?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Are you kidding!? It's freezing!" I gush pulling my sweater closer to my body.

"C'mon," he says tugging his jeans off before kicking his shoes off. He then jumps in, curling into a small ball. He jumps into the water, drops of his splash landing on me.

He the gets out, water dripping off of his body as he walks to me. "You either get in willingly or I will throw you in." He says as he looks into my eyes, standing a few inches away from me.

"I-I... don't have swimmers." I reason, arms hugging myself.

"Your wearing underwear. Jump in that." He says, moving closer. I bite my lip as I look down. "C'mon, live a little." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

I then step back, pulling my sweater over my head, Harry watching my every movement as I kick my shoes off and tug my jeans down.

I then jump into the water, coming up as I look at Harry. "You coming in?" I ask with a smirk and he shakes his head. He jumps in, drowning me with his water.

When he comes up we smile at one another, an awkward silence following after. "So..." I start grabbing my right arm with my left.

Slowly, Harry moves toward me hands moving to my bare waist. "So.." He mimicked me from earlier.

I shiver, not only from the cold of the water that envelops us but from Harry's hand that rests on my bare skin.

"Cold?" He asks and I nod biting my lip.

"Yeah. Told you I didn't want to get in." I whisper with a chuckle.

"Ok," he says as he grabs my hand.

He crawls out, helping me out as well. When I am out, I feel a little exposed, arms wrapping around my body.

He then grabs my hand, walking me over to his car. He opens the door, lifting me up.

"Harry?" I say wearily.

"How many people have you kissed?" He asks and I frown.

"None, why?" I ask.

"Because," he shrugs. "Do you wanna?" He asks and I bite my lip, shrugging. I feel his hand on my knee, slowly moving up my leg. He stops on the middle of my thigh, rubbing his thumb.

He starts to move into, face moving closer to mine. His lips connect to mine and I freeze. I feel his soft lips against mine. I don't kiss back for a second until I regain myself, pushing my lips against his. Slowly, I feel Harry's tongue moving into my mouth, mine moving with his.

I pull back, eyes connecting with Harry's. "I don't even know what I'm doing." I blush looking down.

"It's alright babe, just follow me." He says, lips moving to mine again.

I feel Harry's hands rubbing my thigh as my hand moves to cup Harry's cheek. As we continue, our innocent kiss becoming more heated, we hear a car pulling up. I instantly pull away, Harry sighing.

I reach for my sweater as I pull it on trying to find my jeans. When I find them I pull them on too, stepping out of the car.

I see Harry getting dressed in front of the people in the car, most likely giving them the wrong idea. As I look into the car I see Jenna and Stella with some others in the back.

"Riley? What are you doing?" Jenna asks when she gets out, eyes darting from me to Harry as he dresses himself.

"Nothing." I say. "C'mon Harry, we gotta go." I say and he nods. "See ya." I say getting into the car.

-» -» -»

When we get home, Harry follows me to my room. "Erm, I'm gonna go for a shower." I awkwardly say.

"Or..." He says dragging out the word. He walks toward me, hands brushing up my tee fingers tickling my skin. "We can continue what we were doing." He says and I bite my lip, leaning forward.

Harry picks me up, carrying me to my bed as he places me down. He crawls on top, hovering over me.

Harry pulls my top off kissing down my neck making me moan. "Harry, we need to stop. I don't want to actually do anything right now." I say and he nods.

"Ok baby." He says pecking me one last time.

• • • •

Published:
Edited: