Digging Up The Past

Y/N's POV

I woke up this morning as I felt the sun shining through the curtains in my bedroom. I reached for Kendall but instead there was only an empty bed next to me. I sat up in bed and stretched noticing that I still didn't have clothes on (let's just say last night after celebrating the song, Kendall and I came back to the room and it got pretty heated) I chuckled to myself before getting out of bed and heading to the shower.

After my much needed shower I went to my closet and put on high-waisted ripped jeans, a black crop top, and a red flannel. I walked downstairs to find the girls. I walked around a bit before I saw them, now including Kylie, in my backyard talking and it looked like Kendall was crying. I immediately went outside and walked over to where the girls were sitting and as I walked up the girls saw me and their expression changed.

Kendall's back was to me but the rest of the girls could see me and they rolled their eyes at me and gave me dirty looks as I got closer which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Ken, baby, are you okay?" I asked her and she tensed up at the sound of my voice and she wouldn't look at me, "Girls, what's going on, what happened?" The girls scoffed at me and continued giving me dirty looks and as I sat down next to Kendall she shot out of her seat and backed away from me making me stand up.

"Okay seriously what the fuck happened? I literally just woke up thirty minutes ago," I said and the girls rolled their eyes at me.

"Y/n you don't need to play dumb, we know what you did," Gigi said with an angry tone while staring daggers at me.

"Well I don't even know what I did, someone please just tell me whats going on," I said and the girls scoffed again and shook their heads.

"You know exactly what you did! How could you do that to Kendall? You're one sick individual," Bella said. At this point I was extremely confused and I had no idea what was going on, what do they think I did to Kendall?

"Listen, I have no idea what you think I did to Kendall but whatever it is could you just tell me," I said somewhat irritated at the whole situation. I gave Kendall everything and she knows that and my heart belongs to her so what could they possibly think I did to her?

"You cheated on her you fucking asshole!" Gigi yelled and she shoved her phone at my face as my eyes adjusted I immediately recognized the picture. Here we go...

The picture Gigi showed me was a picture of me and Madison (Beer) kissing at a party. Me and Madison met through mutual friends and we started to hang out. We went to a party together one night for a friend's birthday party and we played truth or dare and Madison got dared to kiss me and someone took a picture of us. We made sure that it was taken completely off of the internet but I guess it's true what they say about it being there forever. A few weeks after that picture while me and Madison were hanging out at her house I confessed my feelings for her and she told me she didn't feel the same because she's in love with Jack (Gilinsky). After that we slowly started to drift apart and now we only talk occasionally. This whole thing also took place months before me and Kendall began dating so I definitely didn't cheat on her.

"This picture isn't what it looks like," I said and Kendall's head shot up revealing her whole face to me for the first time since I walked out here. Her eyes were all red and puffy and all I wanted to do was wrap her up in my arms and kiss her and kiss her tears away.

"Y-Y/n what do you m-mean it isn't what it looks like, y-you cheated," Kendall said with her voice breaking. My heart broke along with her voice.

"That picture, it-" I began before I was interrupted.

"Save it y/n, we're leaving," Kylie said, "By the way we have a meeting later so don't be late," she said bitterly, "don't be late, you might get held up sticking your tongue down that bitch's throat." She added sarcastically which made me frown and shake my head, I was trying to talk but nothing came out. It felt like my throat was closing up and I couldn't breathe, tears began to stream down my face.

"W-wait, please just let me explain, please," I said as I watched them walk toward the back door to leave. Kendall stopped dead in her tracks making the rest of the girls stop as well as they gave her looks of concern and glared at me.

"There's nothing left to explain, you're a liar and a cheater," Kendall said softly but loud enough for me to hear. They all walked through the back door and through my house before walking out to their cars and leaving. All I could do was stand there as tears fell from my eyes, I felt completely numb and broken. 

I walked to the garage and got my car and drove and I just kept driving until I got to the grove. I got out of my car and walked to the bench I sat down. Tears fell from my eyes but I just sat there numb. I texted each of the girls trying to explain myself but they all blocked me so I couldn't. I felt defeated and like there was nothing left I could do since they wouldn't give me a chance to explain what really happened.

I heard my phone ringing in my pocket and I was reluctant to answer it but I did anyways.

"Hello?" I said sniffing at the end because I was still crying.

"Y/n? What the hell is your problem?" I heard Zayn's voice on the other line.

"I know what you're talking about and it's not true, just let me explain," I said and I could almost hear him contemplating whether he was going to give me a chance to explain or not.

"Fine," he said.

~

"Wait how come you didn't tell them that?" he asked me after I explained the whole situation.

"I don't know I just couldn't it was like I was trying to but nothing was coming out, and when I actually could they wouldn't let me," I said.

"Well I'm gonna try to clear it up, okay?," he said and I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Thanks Zayn, you're the best and thank you for letting me explain, I would never do that to Kendall, I love her so much," I said.

"Alright well I got to go but I'll see you soon, y/n/n," he said.

"Yeah you too," I said and then the line went dead. I checked the time on my phone and only now did I realize how long I've been here. Damn it! The meeting! I only have about an hour to get to the meeting and the grove is a bit of a drive from where the meeting is at.

I got up from the bench and sprinted to my car and got in and began driving in the direction of where the meeting is at.

~

I got there at the same time as Kylie, I sighed as I got out of the car knowing she was probably still furious at me. Once she got out she walked straight towards me and I figured she was probably coming over here to slap me or something but to my surprise she pulled me into a hug.

"Zayn told us the truth, we're really sorry," Kylie said making me smile and hug her back.

"Does that mean Kenny forgives me too?" I said hopeful but Kylie pulled away and gave me an apologetic smile.

"I'm really sorry y/n/n but every time we try to talk to her about you she won't listen to it, she either leaves the room or snaps at us before we get through the whole thing with her," Kylie said and I looked at the ground and tears were threatening to leave my eyes, she picked my face back up and looked me in the eyes, "Hey don't cry y/n/n, I know Ken and she'll come around soon enough." 

Let's hope so because I can't stand this...

---------------------

A/N: I hope you like the update. I'm really sorry about not updating but it's finals for school and I'm dying so yeah. I love you all and I will definitely try to be more consistent on updating once summer gets here. Remember to comment and vote and leave your suggestions. Love you.