Chapter 4

“Hey Griffin!” said Mary cheerfully. She pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

“Yah, Hey.” A voice said from behind her. Evan stepped through the door a fake smile on his face.

“Ello.” I mumbled looking at my feet. I couldn’t look at his face.

"Honey, come to the kitchen! I’ll show you what we are having for dinner.”

“Ok, coming Tyler!” Mary smiled at us and skipped off to the kitchen.

 We stood awkwardly in the doorway, neither of us wanting to be the first to talk. I heard a sigh.

“What happened Griffin?” Hearing his voice made me look up.

“I just didn’t want to talk.” I said quietly.

“I don’t mean today Griffin. Why are you the way you are? What happened?”

My eyes widened. No. No, No, No, NO! This cannot be happening. My heartbeat grew faster, my hands clenched into fists. All the hairs on my arms stood up. I could feel it. The only time I felt fear was when I saw HIM. But I guess when people ask me about what happened, that fear comes back.

“I don’t kn-know wh-what your t-talking ab-bout.” I stuttered. Damn now he is gonna know I’m lying. But Tyler chose just that moment to come and get us.

“Time to eat! I made spaghetti!” Evan shot me a we’re-going-to-finish-this-later look, and followed Tyler to the dinning room.

Evan’s P.O.V

What is he hiding? I’m going to figure this out. It can’t be that bad if no one knows about it. Wouldn’t he have told someone? A family member? Counselor? Friend? Priest!?!? Someone must know.

All during dinner I tried to talk to Griffin. I watched as each time I said something his shoulders tensed. Why wouldn’t he talk today? Did I do something? I was hoping I could see his beautiful silver eyes. But instead I was forced to look at his smooth and straight white hair. Why won’t he look at me!?!?!

“Um we have an announcement.” Tyler said standing up.

“Ok what is it?” I asked pretending to be interested.

“We are getting married!” Mary said happily. She jumped out of her chair and gave Tyler a huge kiss. He pulled back, his face red.

“Well I guess that’s one way to say it.” All of a sudden the weight of what they just said hit me.

“Married? You’re getting married!” I jumped up and hugged my sister. “I’m so happy for you sis!” I turned to Griffin. His mouth was open, shock written on his face.

“Oh and just so you know Griff, Mary and Evan are going to be moving in.” Tyler smiled.

“What?” Griffin and I asked at the same time.

“When? Why? Wha…” Griffin looked scared again.

"Well you didn't expect us to live in separate houses did you?" Tyler raised an eyebrow at Griffin.

"But I-I-I..." Griffin looked like he might fall over.

"Is there room for us here?" I asked trying to draw attention from Griffin.

"Well you and Griffin are going to have to share a room until we can get a bigger house." Said Mary.

My mouth fell open. Share a room with him? I can barely get him to talk to me now! If I live with him he will never tell me what happened. I mean I love the fact that I get to see him more. Those pretty grey eyes and silky white hair.... 

I mentally slapped myself. What am I thinking? I'm going to make living with him worse if I develop a crush on Griffin. Talk about awkward.

"I'm done. Going to my room. Night." Griffin stood and left, his head down.

"Evan can you go talk to him?" Tyler asked me quietly.

"I doubt he wants to see me. If anything I'm the last person he'd want to see."

"Please Evan, Just try! After you guys talked the other day, Griffin was the happiest I’d seen him in years!"

 "Fine. But I make no promises."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry it’s so short. I’ll probably have really short chapters. But then I’ll have more chapters’ yay! lol anyways tell me what you think!