28. ICE CREAM

HEY! SORRY IF I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER BUT THIS ONE IS LONGER THAN USUAL AND THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ASAP. I'M HOPING THIS WEEK SINCE I HAVE IT OFF! I WAS IN THE DESERT LAST WEEK SO IT WAS HARD. ANYWAY, HERE IS THE CHAPTER, I'VE BEEN PLANNING IT FOR QUITE SOME TIME... ENJOY MY FLUFFYBUNNIES!!!!!!

xx M

~

Louis’s POV

It's about nine a.m. when I wake up with her in my arms, I don’t know how to feel. I love being with Jeanne because she’s funny and full of life, but after Lily died… It just doesn’t feel right. I know that I could love her more than this. I know that Lily liked me at the start and that they basically fought over me but I still chose Jeanne over her.

And now she’s dead.

I look down at her sleeping form, her chest rising and falling every once and while. A cute little snore is barely audible as she breathes. Does she feel the same way about me? I know it would break her heart to know I think this. But it would be worse lying to her, right? Ugh. I don’t know.

I should probably go back to bed. I can’t fall asleep though, I just woke up. 

I hear noise coming from the hallway,

“DO I SMELL EGGSSS” a voice (I’m assuming Niall’s) yells, followed by heavy footsteps down the stairs.

Jeanne shifts and mumbles something along the lines of “motherfucker” into her pillow

I laugh a little and she sits up and smacks me with the pillow until I do the same. We keep fighting until others come into our room.

I guess they must've heard us yell, “PILLOW FIGHT!”... oops?

 Macy stands there with her hands behind her back and tells us that breakfast is ready downstairs. As we walk out the door she pulls a pillow of her own out from behind her and beats us. To death.

We walk into the living room a while later where everyone is sitting down eating. I take a seat next to Harry and serve Jeanne and myself to some scrambled eggs and a biscuit. Ever since we arrived in America I’ve taken a liking to them. They don’t beat scones though. Jeanne has chosen toast and it's kinda funny how she concentrates so hard on buttering it. She scrunches up her face and tries to give every corner an equal amount.

We all eat in relative silence, having small conversations on our own.

“Guys, can we go to the zoo today?" Alexis asks. I'm mostly unsure of what to say so I just shrugh, taking a sip on orange juice, and go back to watching Jeanne.

"We said we would, c’mon today is perfect out!” Alexis says pleading and Jeanne has joined in. Britney gives us a look of permission to say yes and we nod.

“Okay, okay, we’ll go!” Britney says laughing and calms her down.

“YAY!!!!!” shout the girls, bursting our ear drums.

~

About an hour later, we finally pile into the van and drive to the zoo that apparently from Britney’s perspective is “SUPER FANTABULOUS”.

Haleigh insists we park in the ‘okapi’ section of the parking lot because it’s her favorite animal. So we do. When we get inside, Jeanne is squeezing my hand and a huge smile stretches over her face, her forehead crinkling. She gasps and lets go as soon as we get inside, running over to the meerkats.

“Look at how cute they are!” she says as the rest of the girls and Harry awe over the small animals. I never understood what what so cute about them... In the Lion King, Timon eats bugs and lives with a pig!