26. When Will This End?

Hey yall! SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED SOONER BUT HEY IT'S BETTER THAN ONCE EVERY TWO MONTHS! AM I RIGHT? anyhoran HAVE YALL HEARD THE NEW ALBUM.... MIDNIGHT MEMORIES IS THE REAL THING!!! OUT TODAY IN AMERICA I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! IT'S AMAZAYN. But really though, I love it, I love yall. My story is like a year old now :) I'm soo proud (IT GREW UP SO SLOW) Dance Competition this week so crazy crazy....

Hope yall have a wonderful thanksgiving (if you celebrate it... if not happy end of November?)

xx M

Trey's POV

I don't care what the doctors say, I'm going to see Lily, she was shot for heaven's sake! I sneak past the hospital staff and enter the room I heard she was in. I sucked in a breath as I saw her pale and frail body shivering under the sheets, her teeth chattering. They had said something about damage to the nervous system...

I get closer to take her scalding hands in mine, noticing that she is having intense fevers. She looks up at me, but her usually bright face is dull and her eyes seem to be begging for help. She brings her palm up to  her throat and opens her mouth to let me know she can't speak.

"It's okay," I comfort her, taking her into my arms, "shh.. shh, babe you'll be okay"

[A/N hehe spin off of "darling you'll be okay" Hold On Till May -Pierce the Veil (sorry I had to?)]

 Her silent sobs fill the room as she cries into my shoulder. They echo across the walls for what seems like hours. I pull back and hold her face in my hands,

"I think I love you" I tell her in almost a whisper, she makes a weak attempt at a smile and a nod before speaking,

"It's too late, I'm dying" her voice is barely audible and it holds empathy and sadness. Her green eyes disappear as her eyelids fall; I set her head back down on the pillow, covering her body and tucking her in, making sure not a single one of her lovely corn silk hairs is out of place.

Before I go, I place a single brief but tender kiss on her hot lips, knowing it will be the last. I know for a fact I'll be skipping town in less than an hour; in that time, she'll be gone.

*A week and a half later*

Britney's POV

I opened up the box in the back of my mind that held my darkest memories, and every detail of that night flooded back to me. For so long, I had tried my best to forget all of it but sometimes you have to face your fears, you know?

I had woken up to a dreary white room with a  disgusting smell in the air, still tied up and now violated. My limbs were tired and my throat was sore, I could feel the tears run down my cheeks as I thought back to what had just happened. He had taken my virginity with only a sorry excuse, and I was left humiliated, passing out from exhaustion and shame.

He told me that 'they' had hired him, so I assumed that  it was Adreana and John. I couldn't believe she would do all of this just so I could leave her goddamn boyfriend alone. Not only that but she had also kidnapped my brother, Trey Summers, in early February and kept him captive for several months. We thought he had just went off somewhere because he has a history of doing so. He got free one day and Benjamin broke up with her once he found out. 

This led to Trey hiding out since he didn't want her to come looking for me. It would have went fine if Ben hadn't asked me out to make Adreana jealous. Not only did she get jealous, she lost her mind and sent a man to rape me.   

I never wanted to tell anyone because it wasn't worth the danger of Adreana doing something else, worse than even this. So I shut my mouth and never filed a single damn complaint. Only a few people such as Haleigh found out, and even Niall and Zayn, catching me in moments of weakness..

It wasn't enough for her, she wanted to ruin my life. She set her sights on Harry, who is involved with Alexis, one of my best friends. When Harry told me he had seen her near our house trying to speak to him, I made everyone go away on a road trip. It was in my best intentions to keep them safe but we ended up crashing for some reason, putting Harry and Haleigh in commas.

Thank God, they did wake up and we continued our camping trip while Trey and Lily made their way back to confront Ben about Lily's and his engagement.  Right before she left for Lendtown, Lily also found out. We were barely at the cabins for a day when we received the call about the courthouse shooting.

 I take a deep breath and the lawyer concludes my statement, 

"And now here we are, your Honor. Left with the engaged two and their lawyer dead, an injured boy who left once again, his sister the rape victim, and their friends all praying for justice. When will this end?"  

~

"What is your verdict for the boy and girl on trial?"

"Ian Crensher, guilty of the murders of Lily Greene, Benjamin Vallon, Arnold Smith and rape of Britney Summers."

Noises come from the crowd, most are sighs of relief or shock.

"Adreana Serth, not guilty of murder by reason of insanity, but will receive a short jail sentence for the kidnapping of Britney and Trey Summers."

I walk quickly out of the courthouse and begin to cry out of happiness and relief. I'm a mess of laughter, screams, trauma, and tears on the front steps; the people around are probably staring.

At this point, I don't care.

It's finally over.