Chapter 23

A slight buzzing sound along with vibrating in the back pocket of my jeans interrupted my sleep. I was a bit confused at first but then I remembered I now had a phone. 

I reached out to my pocket and shifted in my bed unlocking the screen. 

I had a text from Ben.

''HEY.'' The text said. ''FEEL ANY BETTER?'' 

The thought that I've just been woken up by a text from the only person I could tolerate right now  immediately put a smile on my face. 

''EVERYTHING STILL HURTS BUT I SURE AM BETTER NOW.'' I texted him back. 

''OF COURSE U ARE.'' Ben texted me back in a matter of seconds. ''I'M LIKE A RAY OF SUNSHINE, I MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER.''

''THEN I GUESS IT SUCKS THAT I LIKE THE DARK BETTER, HM?'' I texted him back smiling like an idiot. 

''WHAT ARE U TALKING 'BOUT? U HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO THE DARK SIDE YET. I CAN DEFINITELY TAKE U THERE IF U WANT THO.'' He texted me back not even letting me take him off guard. 

''PLS DO. EVERYTHING THAT INVOLVES U AND THE DARK SOUNDS HELLA INTRIGUING.'' 

''AND LET ME GUESS, BY 'INTRIGUING' YOU MEAN IT'S GETTING YOU OFF.'' Ben read me like and open book even through the texts - not that that was hard or anything. 

''NOT THAT U CAN PROVE ANYTHING.'' I texted back. 

''HMM... I LIKE THE SUDDEN ASPECT OF MYSTERY U GOT GOING ON THERE.'' 

''OH, IS THAT SO? THEN U'RE GONNA SEE ME IN THAT ASPECT A LOT MORE OFTEN.''

''WELL, I PREFER THE NAKED ONE. DOES THAT MEAN I'M GONNA SEE U NAKED A LOT MORE OFTEN?'' I almost choked on air as I read his text and a furious blush struck me causing a wave of warmth to wash over my whole body. 

''CHILL OUT HORNY BOY, I CAN PRACTICALLY HEAR U GETTING FLUSTERED.'' He sent me another text and I could practically hear the smirk behind the words it contained. 

''DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF, U DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH POWER OVER ME.'' I texted back not wanting to give him the satisfaction of thinking that he got me.

''WANNA BET?'' I could practically smell the challenge through his text and it made me smile from ear to ear like an idiot again. 

''WHO WINS GETS A BLOWJOB.'' He sent me another text and I almost dropped my phone as I read it. 

Fuck, this was turning me on. 

''What are you smiling about?'' Austin's voice made me jump and I quickly pushed my phone under the covers putting it on silent. 

''Nothing...'' I said trying to shake my sudden moment of trance off. ''I was just... thinking.''

''Thinking?'' Austin closed the door of my room behind him and walked towards my bed sitting down next to me. ''About what?''

Are you fucking kidding me?! ''Um... Just stuff.'' I choked out as my phone buzzed under the covers making me flinch.

''How are you feeling?'' He asked me giving me a sympathetic look. 

''Like shit, but hey, at least I'm alive, right?'' I chuckled hoping he'll smile too, but he just looked at me sadly. 

''Don't give me that look, you know I hate when you give me that look.'' I said.

''You're bruising.'' He move my hair out of my face so he could get a better look at my wounds. 

I automatically pulled away. ''Well, yeah. James almost killed me y'know.'' I knew I was exaggerating, but still.

This was exactly why I didn't want to see or hear anyone but Ben. What did Austin even expect? For my body to skip the healing part and just be as good as new? For fuck's sake it doesn't work that way and it's not like I'm gonna waste time on being sad about it.