Chapter 22

Fuck my life.

I've been trying to find Lzzy the whole day but when it came to hiding she was like a girl version of Ben.

It's been more than 24 hours since she found out about Ben and I and my paranoia level was slowly raising towards more than what I could cope with.

I wanted to believe that she won't be going around telling people that we fucked. I wanted to believe that even though she now wanted to destroy me that she'd want to be smart about it and take her time. Hopefully enough time for me to find her and explain to her that she's been hating Ben all this time for no fucking reason.

However, I knew her, and even if she were to take her time she will - if she hasn't already - most definitely tell someone. And that's where my paranoia comes up to the stage. Who could she possibly tell?

My first speculation were Austin and Andy but I spoke to them this morning and they didn't seem weird at all. Austin even agreed with me that she was taking all of this a bit too far.

My second speculation was Ben but I've sent him a non-suspicious message regarding this earlier and it didn't seem like he knew anything about it. He apparently didn't even hear the mayhem she caused in the hallway last night. That was a relief. I mean, I wanted to tell him, but on the other hand, considering how he freaked out when I told him she was just assuming stuff, I'd rather not. It was highly possible that he'd want to distance himself away from me if he knew she knew about us, and I really didn't want to risk it.

So, if it's not Austin and Andy nor Ben who could could she tell?

I had no clue and it was fucking killing me.

A loud knock on the door brought me back to reality and as I flinched I sat straight up in my bed.

''What?'' I snapped.

''I'm sorry, am I bothering you Captain?'' Jeremy's formal voice came from the other side of the door and I immediately regretted using my harsh tone.

He was taking the place of my right hand way too seriously but then again he was the only one to talk to me with respect lately, so I let it be.

''No, it's fine. Come in Jeremy.'' I said laying back down on my bed.

I heard the door open and I heard his footsteps but I saw him just when he sat on the bed next to my laying body.

''What's up?'' I asked.

''Sam's having a few complains, but it can wait. You look stressed.'' Jeremy said.

I sighed dramatically. ''Oh, how could you tell?''

''What happened?'' He asked me. ''You know you can talk to me right? I've been dying to be your friend since like first time I've seen you stand up to Bruce.''

''And I could use some new friends since all of my old ones are dicks.'' I said sitting up. ''Including the ones with vaginas.''

''What did they do?'' He asked generally sounding interested in what I had to say, so it wouldn't hurt if I started my little diversion now.

''Austin and Andy nothing this time, but they're generally dicks. Lzzy though...'' I sighed dramatically again. ''She thinks I'm into Bruce.''

Jeremy just chuckled. ''I've been wanting to ask you about that actually.''

''She told you that?'' I didn't even have to fake my shock.

''Yeah, but I didn't believe her anyways. Everyone knows you hate his guts.'' Jeremy said.