CHAPTER 41

CHAPTER 41

I was running my whole life to the Park, carrying 2 liters of sodas and some chips. My phone is ringing.

God damn it. I put down the sodas first to get my phone…It stopped ringing. I ran again.

There she is,with her two hands on her waist,watching me run to her,and she seems happy about it.

I came near her.

“I told you “Coke light”..Why are you so dumb with instructions?” She raised her eyebrows, unappreciative of how tired I was.

“HEY,NO YOU DIDN’T,YOU TOLD ME----“

“HEP!NO TALKING BACK WITH YOUR MASTER.” She says.

“Whatever.” I whispered.

“Are you whispering something in there Mr. Atienza?” she smiles.

“Nothing.” I said with a low voice.

“What did you say?” she still smiles.

“Nothing your Highness.” I faked a sweet voice.

She taps me head and say “Good boy,slave.”

Yes, I am Veronica’s Slave for today.

18 Hours ago:

“Rule number 1 when borrowing something: Return them.” Veronica comes near me at the library looking still mad.

“Uh?What?” I asked, still embarrassed of what I did to her yesterday.

“MY NOTES!I NEED THEM.”

“Oh, I forgot it at home..so so---“

She leaves without hearing my explanations.

I ran after her and grabbed her left arm.

“WHAT??!”  She stares at me looking really mad.

I stared at the floor, still holding her arm.

I took a deep breath.

“I.AM.SO.SORRY.”

It finally came out.

“Let go of my arm.” She waved off her arm and started walking.

“What do I have to do to make it up to you?” I said. I only realized I said it out loud when she stopped walking.

She comes back near me, stares at me from head to foot and throws her bag at me.

“Ouch” I said after the bag hit me at my face.

“You want forgiveness?Carry that then.” She said.

“Carry your bag and I’ll be forgiven?” I frowned. It’s so easy!

She smiles and says “Awwww Atienza, You think I’m that stupid?Carry that and be my slave for 24 hours!”

It didn’t sink in my brain that fast. Wait, she’s asking me to be her what?

“NO WAY!” I yelled at her.

“Thought you were sorry.” She puts her hands on her waist.

“I AM,I AM BUT---“

“NO BUTS!YOU ARE MY SLAVE FOR 24 HOURS MCKENZIE ATIENZA.” And then she left me with her bag.

If this was the only way to prove to her that I’m sorry and to take back whatever I said, then let it be.

I followed,carried her items, brought her lunch and even tied her freaking shoe lace that day!